Pesto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I can't for the life of me remember what it's called right now, which is utterly rediculous.:rolleyes: But you make it with EVOO, and basil, basically. Well, I made some tonight to flavor a cold pasta salad using whole wheat. But the reason I'm posting this is that I added a unique ingredient to it. That ingredient is Nasturtium leaves. This edible vine has wonderfully flavored leaves that can be added to salads, or pasta. It is spicy, with a bold flavor that is unique and delicious. I added it to my pesto (aha! I remembered:chef:) and it gave a wonderful new depth. I also added a single clove of garlic and processed it in. Mix that with the cold pasta noodles (whole wheat cavatapi, one of my favorites) along with thin pepperoni slices, diced tomato (big dice), minced onion, and diced medium cheddar (didn't have any parmesano regiano in the house so I improvised. still tasted very good). Oh, and I also added a splash or two of basamic vinager.

I LIKE nasturtium leaves!:mrgreen:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

While I also enjoy the leaves in salads & on sandwiches, the flowers are my favorite. They make a positively enchanting appetizer or garnish when filled with a soft herb-flavored cheese.

Goodweed of the North said:
I can't for the life of me remember what it's called right now, which is utterly rediculous.:rolleyes: But you make it with EVOO, and basil, basically.

Do you mean Pesto?

Back
Top Bottom