How can I add flavor to my already made gelato?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could try softening it a bit and adding more vanilla/chopped chocolate and/or nuts, pieces of fruit; then refreezing again. Or just use as is, with some yummy toppings!

marmalady said:
You could try softening it a bit and adding more vanilla/chopped chocolate and/or nuts, pieces of fruit; then refreezing again. Or just use as is, with some yummy toppings!
I did end up adding a lot more vanilla so now its VERY vanilla and some melted chocolate which harned in it.

Gretchen said:
Pour some limoncello or triple sec over it. You get the idea.
I would say "niiiiice" except I really don't like the taste of alchohol and it would ruin my gelato.

Banana Brain said:
I did end up adding a lot more vanilla so now its VERY vanilla and some melted chocolate which harned in it.

Were you adding vanilla extract? Real vanilla extract? The next time you might try heating up a scraped vanilla bean with the milk, then using that.

marmalady said:
Were you adding vanilla extract? Real vanilla extract? The next time you might try heating up a scraped vanilla bean with the milk, then using that.
Just wondering, where the heck is it that I can buy actual vanilla beans? I've never seen it in stores.
Thank you for the suggestion!

Oh, and I also added cinnamon and brown sugar and cake peices (being inspired by the two-hour show I had just watched on Food network about people competing to develope a new flavor of Haagen-Dasz). The brown sugar gave it a really delicious flavor.

Back
Top Bottom