A year abroad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lo2

Assistant Cook
I know it might seem a bit odd to put a thread like this on a forum like this, but I am doing some research and maybe you will be able to help me.

I am thinking about after school taking a year in some English speaking country, which country I have not figured out so far. At that time I will be 19 and I am from Denmark so I am of course not fluent in English, however I think my English is OK, but I would it to be improve during my stay. So I am asking you if you could help/advice me? Or if you know anything which you think could help me feel free to post it.

Thanks in advance.

lo2, I have lived in both sides, now I have been living in Italy for 3 years and 4months, but also in Southern Spain (3 1/2 years), England(6 months in Yorkshire + numerous holiday outings), and USA (mostly in Texas but also in Pennsylvania for a short time.). As I mentioned I have even been to your country (Copenhagen) on a holiday.

So.. I know how it is from the both sides, so much so that converting things like time differences, currencies, measures for length/weight/temperature etc. etc. became an automatic thing for me and I learned to do that almost instantly in my head.:rolleyes:

Therefore, if you have any particular questions or concerns, I am sure I can help you on many subjects... feel free to e-mail or PM me!

Do not see this as an insult. But I am not quite sure wheter you understood my point. I would to spend a year in some English speaking country, and if any of you had done the same or could in any way help me then I would like to hear.

lo2 said:
Do not see this as an insult. But I am not quite sure wheter you understood my point. I would to spend a year in some English speaking country, and if any of you had done the same or could in any way help me then I would like to hear.

Well, in a way you are right. Your question is very vague in the way you put it, and we would like to know exactly in which way you would like to be assisted, or exactly what kind of information you are seeking.

I only offered my assistance because I am familiar with all 3 environments, non-English mother tongue European countries, England and USA (living in England and USA are quite different experiences, they only share the language, which also somewhat differ between two of them).
Also if you are considering ANY English speaking countries, there are also Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South Africa, and probably I am forgetting some other, and it must be all different experiences living in any of these countries.

Can you please try to be a bit more specific in your questions? Do you need help in deciding which country to go?

Back
Top Bottom