Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Famous Daves BBQ (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/famous-daves-bbq-24489.html)

Bangbang 07-16-2006 08:47 PM

Famous Daves BBQ

Went to Famous Daves BBQ last eek. The ribs were pretty good.

Andy M. 07-16-2006 10:48 PM

Hey Bang, good to hear from you!

I've been seeing some ads on TV but I don't know if there are any places around here. Whenever a new BBQ place opens up, I try it outbut so far, no luck.

SNPiccolo5 07-16-2006 10:58 PM

Famous Dave's is huge around here. I don't go there too often; though if I do go for BBQ, that's what it is.

-Tim

mudbug 07-17-2006 04:33 PM

Famous Dave's is in my homeotwn. Good ribs.

The Z 07-17-2006 04:57 PM

I've eaten at Famous Dave's a coupla times and found it to be a pretty decent chain store.

QSis 07-17-2006 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy M.
Hey Bang, good to hear from you!

I've been seeing some ads on TV but I don't know if there are any places around here. Whenever a new BBQ place opens up, I try it outbut so far, no luck.

Route 1 in Saugus, Andy. I must admit, the ribs ARE good! :-)

Lee

candelbc 07-17-2006 10:16 PM

I think I have actually been to the FIRST Famous Dave's restaurant.. I am not positive though.. Good food, especially if you get everything right out of the Smokehouse..

The problem I have had is that one time I go there, and the food is great.. The next time, it is just okay.. Seems to be pretty random! For the most part, I have always been pretty happy..

-Brad

jasonj79 07-18-2006 12:19 AM

Hey guys, how's it going? I don't mean to be negative here, but I just don't like Famous Dave's. Maybe it's the one we have here in Augusta, Ga. But quite frankly, I think it sucks.

We (the family) went when it first opened. There was nothing we liked. I figured, give it a little bit of time (they just opened) maybe they needed some breaking in. So about 3 months later we went back. Terrible.

About a year from that my sisters birthday party was held there and I got the bbq sandwich, and it wasn't to bad. But how can you really mess up a good bbq sandwich. As long as the bread is good and you have some good sauce, it will be good. They do have good sauce by the way. I will give them that much.

Well, two years past and we tried it again. My wife got the rib plate, I got the bbq plate and we still just can't seem to like it. I don't know if it's just the rest. in our area or what, but every time we have eaten from there its been BAD.

middie 07-18-2006 09:43 AM

We have one out here but we haven't been there to try it yet.

Bubbagump 09-10-2006 08:01 AM

I went to a Famous Dave's in Cedar Falls, Iowa and it was fabulous. There were six of us and everyone loved the food. In fact there was a waiting line 10 feet out the door when we left. I was told that was normal for a Saturday evening. The service was also great.