Going to see Elton tomorrow nite.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Z

Head Chef
Yeah - I know. My life is just too cool!.... just back from Cabo and two days later going to see the Rocket Man. For free. Yeah - I know. I've never seen him before, but I've heard that his show ain't what it was 20 years ago... but it should still be a'ight I reckon. Heh heh.

(believe me, though... I deserve this after the past 3 months)

You lucky thing!! I saw him in Sydney in 1984 (the 2 low for 0 tour) and he was great.(I have to add i was still at school at the time cause i just realised how old that must make me sound!!!)

I saw him in 1989 (I was in school too) it was his last show before he cancelled due to throat problems. He couldn't manage with the band for the whole show, so it was just him and the piano for most of it. It was a huge stadium, but such an intimate gig, and I feel really priveleged to have got to seem him just singing and not relying on the whole showman thing (which, of course, he is fab at)

Enjoy the gig!

I am just not destined to see him. Three times I was supposed to see him and each time something happened that kept me from going. The worst was the time we were in the car on the way to the show. We were about a half hour from the venue when we heard on the radio that he cancelled because of a sore throat. He did not reschedule.

Z I hope you have a great time!

I remember "Rocket Man" came out when I was pregnant with my second child. That's the first I'd heard of Elton. I wore out the record album of Yellow Brick Road. Then I wore out the cassette of Yellow Brick Road. I now have the CD of Yellow Brick Road.
That tells you how long I've been a fan. But I've never seen him. I envy you!

My 9 year old sister would be jealous. Yes she's only 9 (on the 23rd).
She started playing piano so she could be like him.

I'll be sure to post a review. I wish I would have gotten the opportunity to see him in his prime... but I still have high expectations.

Z, I think this is his prime. He's traded the extra-glitzy-over-the-top for....well..Vegas.....hmmmmmmmm.
I think now he's being who is really is: a top notch performer.

(this is the one concert I've wanted to see each time I'm out there, but the h just has no interest!)

oyu must be a lucky man ;o)
I would like to see him, too, but I had Billy Joel two weeks ago and was just great!

jkath said:
I think this is his prime. He's traded the extra-glitzy-over-the-top for....well..Vegas.....hmmmmmmmm.

I don't know J... I guess we'll see. I've seen too many great 'over-the-top'pers turn into 'elder statesmen' Vegas lounge acts and, generally speaking, I find that a little sad. I'm hoping Elton will be the exception.

I've got you all beat (so far).

I saw him back in the very early 70s when he still had not discovered earrings and flashy costumes.

Bunch of us girls hitchhiked (it was still safe to do so) from our university to another state u. to see him. The concert was in the gym and we sat on bleachers - good sight distances from any angle.

He was fantastic! Enjoy the show, Z.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom