Awesome Pork Chops!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jasonj79

Assistant Cook
This is a family favorite. I usually cook this 3 or 4 times a month.

4 - 1 3/4 inch Rib chop's
Salt and pepper
Olive oil
Butter
1/2 onion, diced or sliced
1 tsp flour
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup of chicken stock
2 tbsp of whole grain mustard
10 cornichons sliced thin

Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat a ovenproof skillet over medium high heat and melt the butter and olive oil. I usually use a tablespoon or two of olive oil and a pat of butter. Once that is ready I add the pork chops and sear on each side for about 4 minutes or so. I never time anything I just go by how well the crust develops. Then I place the chops in the oven for about 6 minutes.

Then I remove the pan from the oven and place it back on the burner. I put the pork chops on a plate to the side. Then I throw the onions in the pan and saute them for a few minutes. Then I add the flour and cook for about a minute. Then I pour in the wine and deglaze the pan using a wooden spoon. After about two minutes I pour in the chicken stock and reduce it by half. Then I stir in the mustard and throw in the cornichons. Pour any juice that has accumlated from the chops in the pan. Then I pour the sauce over the chops.

You don't have to put in the cornichons if you don't want to. That is optional. If you don't like onions, cook the sauce with the onions anyway to extract the flavor, then just strain the sauce through a strainer.

We usually eat this with diced potatoes sauted in duck fat. Then I add in some minced garlic and pour in a cup of chicken stock with thyme. The potatoes are browned on the outside from the duck fat, but they are not done in the middle. So the chicken stock finishes them off. I cook this until it is reduced to a glaze. Very good.

Back
Top Bottom