Dinner on Donnerstag, July 20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
i guess it should then be dinnerstag...

so, whatcha cookin' tonight?

i have a coupla pork chops and some hot italian toikey sausage (i wonder who judges wheter the italian turkeys are hot or not?). i might get the grill fired up. i made mango salsa last night, so i've got the side dish ready. also have lots of spinach from the garden, possibly for a salad (with grilled mushrooms maybe).

if i get motivated and get to the store for some mozzarella, i've been jonesin' for chicken parm. that's the backup plan. if not, then it'll be gratinata of chicken, with fresh sage and zucchini in a white wine sauce.

Donnerstag? I expected you would be doing something German!! From what you are having, "Giovedi" would have been more fitting:ROFLMAO:

I think I'm doing chicken pot pie tonight. I've already got the chicken cooked so all I really have to do is throw everything else together.

either bbq'd chicken or leftovers.

We've got a busy night planned so... it has to be easy to cook and easy to clean up.

leftovers here-we're looking at another reception place tonight with Dennis and Laurie- they have it narrowed down to two- the other one we saw on Tuesday night was absolutely gorgeous-in the end it is THEIR decision!!!

Either taco salad or grilled fish with rice and some vegi.

My mil has the kids for the night really don't want to do to much very hot
again here in kc don't want to heat the house up.:dry:

I am leave it up to the hubby, sorta hope he wants fish.

I'm thawing out some homemade spagetti sauce and ground beef. I'm going to fry up some ground beef with additional onion, garlic and green peppers and add that to the thawed sauce. I'm going to cook up some spagetti and drain that real good and add my meat sauce to it and mix it up really well. I'll put it in a 8x8 baking dish, that I've sprayed with non-stick spray, and top it with fresh moz.. I'll cover it with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes then remove the alum. foil and turn the broiler on and let the cheese melt and toast a little. Well have garlic breadsticks and a spring garden salad to go along with it.

DH works late so we got a movie to watch and will have dinner after the sun goes down. I pounded some chicken breasts and plan to flour them, then dip in egg and then into parm and finely chopped almonds, then I'm making a sauce from shallots,parsley, white wine and a little butter and will top the chicken with that. With it I've cooked some nice green beans and have them chilling with evoo,salt,pepper and sliced red onion, red potatoes the little ones I'm going to boil then put parsley,garlic, butter and crumbled bacon over them to serve. I'm just going to slice tomatoes,cucumbers and peppers and dress with some type of dressing, not sure yet.Dessert, most likely will be DH's favorite for him cantaloupe with vanilla ice cream, me nah, tea or coffee will be fine:LOL:

kadesma

Kadesma that sounds good might change my plans. I have a bunch
of cashews think that would work instead of almonds?

I have always wanted to try coating fish with nut never have tried it
yet but chicken sounds wonderful too. Do you bake the chicken or
pan fry?

rickell said:
Kadesma that sounds good might change my plans. I have a bunch
of cashews think that would work instead of almonds?

I have always wanted to try coating fish with nut never have tried it
yet but chicken sounds wonderful too. Do you bake the chicken or
pan fry?
Sure rickell, the cashews would be great...I saute the chicken in evoo and some butter on a medium heat. Since I've pounded the chicken fairly thin it cooks quickly. I think that some fish fixed this way would be wonderful the nuts seem to go with fish as well as chicken..
kadesma:)

Bucky, I'm surprised you have garden spinach left after this heat--I'm jealous!

Rickell, nut-crusted chicken and fish are wonderful. I have a couple recipes for both, let me know if you want them.

We're having leftover bbq chicken, corn and salad--we need to eat fast when DH gets home as we're heading over to visit his grandma in the hospital. She fell and broke her hip last weekend (she's the one Sofie's named after, middle name that is).:(

Well, it's hot as Hades here again today, so this morning I had the foresight to buy a couple of pounds of large shrimp & have the market steam them for me - "hot-&-spicy". As soon as I got home, I popped them in the fridge, & I plan to serve them in a big "peel your own" bowl along with individual bowls of lemony horseradish-hot ketchup cocktail sauce. Doesn't get much easier than that.

BreezyCooking said:
Well, it's hot as Hades here again today, so this morning I had the foresight to buy a couple of pounds of large shrimp & have the market steam them for me - "hot-&-spicy". As soon as I got home, I popped them in the fridge, & I plan to serve them in a big "peel your own" bowl along with individual bowls of lemony horseradish-hot ketchup cocktail sauce. Doesn't get much easier than that.

Don't forget a nice cold beer.

rickell said:
pa baker that would be great when you get a chance.

Hope grandma has fast recovery.

Thanks, rickell, I do, too. She's a great woman and cook--we love talking food together! I'm putting together some goodies to take to her tonight since she's not thrilled with the hospital food!:)

Keep an eye out in fish and chicken--I'll try to post them now, before Sofie wakes from her nap. If not, I'll get to them as soon as I can!

Like Sizzlin, I'm thawing out my pasta sauce, so it's ziti, garlic bread, and maybe a salad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom