Zucchini pancakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
have way to many zucchini? I know, me too:LOL: This is one way we fix them andit goes nicely with grilled chicken, pork, or beef.

6-med. zucchini, shredded
3-eggs, beaten
4-Tab. flour
4-Tab.fresh grated parmesan cheese
1-Tea. chopped parsley
2-cloves garlic, crushed
1/2-tea. salt
1/2-tea. pepper
evoo to fry patties

Mix all ingredients together except the oil. Heat oil in skillet and shape mixture into patties about 3-4 inches in diameter. Cook about 3-min. per side and then put on paper towels to drain, cover with a dish cloth or paper towls to keep warm as you finish up the pancakes.
My DH loves these and likes to have applesauce with them, the kids like as is or will sometimes eat them with sour cream...me just salt and pepper:-p

enjoy,
kadesma:)

Just as long as they don't taste like zuchinni. I find that I hate zuchinni, but I love zuchinni breads and pastires because of the texture they add.

Actually, from the sound of it I can tell these pancakes do have a zuchinni flavor, don't they?

Banana Brain said:
Actually, from the sound of it I can tell these pancakes do have a zuchinni flavor, don't they?
Gee banana, I'm not sure what to say here:LOL: zucchini, is kind of bland without onions or garlic, these seem to have sort of an oriental taste to them. But if you really don't care for zucchini, wellllll:LOL:

kadesma

When you say, "bland" I guess you mean mostly flavorless. Or the flavor just doesn't show. See, I love zuchinni muffins and stuff from starbucks but I don't like plain old raw zuchinni. I have to avoid it in half the salads I eat, its a very annoying vegetable. But I could stand a bread product that tasted of onions and garlic and had a crunchy texture from the little green flavorless dots.

Banana Brain said:
When you say, "bland" I guess you mean mostly flavorless. Or the flavor just doesn't show. See, I love zuchinni muffins and stuff from starbucks but I don't like plain old raw zuchinni. I have to avoid it in half the salads I eat, its a very annoying vegetable. But I could stand a bread product that tasted of onions and garlic and had a crunchy texture from the little green flavorless dots.
Yes flavorless, and as for raw zucchini, I don't care for it myself. But fixed like this I love it...And used in breads and muffins or fritatta's they are great, plain uncooked:huh:

SierraCook said:
kadesma, thanks for sharing your recipe.:) I love zucchini and never get tired of eating it, but it is nice to have a different way to fix it.
Thanks SC, it's so nice this way..We fix it like this sometimes when we bbq, and I like the pancakes all alone with a salad or sliced tomatoes , cucumbers,red onion and avocado salad...

Back
Top Bottom