Disrespecting the kitchen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
The thread on bad kitchen habits got me thinking of something my boyfriend accuses me of all the time....disrespecting the kitchen.

See, I get up at 5am every morning during the week, and usually by 6:30 on the weekends. There is no way in **** that my kids are up that early, they are 17 and 20 (september they are in college...) I tend to walk down to the kitchen, pour two cups of coffe [only one during the week:(,] fix them according to taste, walk back upstairs with them...in the nude. Yes, in the nude.

Jokingly, I've been summarily acussed of disrespecting the kitchen. I imagine I disrespect the refrigerator, too, for that matter....since I have to open it for the cream..

What about you? Any of you guilty of some similar crime?

lol... My house thinks it a sign of love not disrespect.

Last edited:
I suggest that you tell your boy friend that if being nude is a sign of disrespect that you will treat him with the utmost respect from now on.

Why wouldnt he be happy that your bringing him coffee in the nude? Geez, I'd love it if my hubby did that.

he does love it....

amber said:
Why wouldnt he be happy that your bringing him coffee in the nude? Geez, I'd love it if my hubby did that.

hahaha, and we're all for nudity, as often as possible. He just has a problem with the nudity in the kitchen. I think it stems from our italian/catholic backgrounds.

We both disrespected the backyard the other day, walking from the hot tub to the basement. That may be another topic, haha.

water all over the %%## keyboard!

GB said:
I guess I disrespect my whole house :ohmy:

Thank you, I've just unintentionally spraycleaned my keyboard with that remark.

Yes, there is nothing sacred here, either.

but I hate clothes

Aurora said:
I suggest that you tell your boy friend that if being nude is a sign of disrespect that you will treat him with the utmost respect from now on.

I think he has flashbacks of his grandparents cooking...

Hope I didn't give anyone the wrong impression about him. He's the furthest thing from a prude you'll ever meet. Maybe he's jealous that the coffee pot gets a look, too....

Why is that disrespectful? Coffee & a nude women, what more could a guy want (though my dh would want apple pie, not coffee)? We don't walk in the nude around the house. We have lots of big windows and even bigger wierdos in the neighborhood. You can clearly see into our house any time the blinds are open. We used to do it before this house and before we were sleep deprived parents. Even if we didn't have big windows we'd still be having our competition on who can pretend to be sleeping through the noise of the kids waking up. :LOL:

the kitchen is sacred...

corazon90 said:
Why is that disrespectful? Coffee & a nude women, what more could a guy want (though my dh would want apple pie, not coffee)? We don't walk in the nude around the house. We have lots of big windows and even bigger wierdos in the neighborhood. You can clearly see into our house any time the blinds are open. We used to do it before this house and before we were sleep deprived parents. Even if we didn't have big windows we'd still be having our competition on who can pretend to be sleeping through the noise of the kids waking up. :LOL:

He sees the kitchen as our church, ahahahaha. Honestly, this is all tongue in cheek. He laughs every time I do it. I have pretty light and airy lacy curtains as well. I love the light...and I don't care if my neighbours see a thing, hahaha.
As for the pie, I'll pay you a dollar if you do it. I mean it.

Oh, Lordie, and here I thought this was going to be about disrespecting the kitchen by - not cleaning up - licking the beaters - wearing sandals----little did I know, lol!

Starbucks....

vagriller said:
Have you ever disrespected a Starbucks?

No, but now I want to. We usually stop at a Starbucks on the NJTP on the way home from the shore each saturday afternoon. Do I have to completely disrespect it, or will it count if I just moon it? See, I rarely wear my bathing suit back home, and just have a sundress on.....so mooning will be very very easy....
Whadayathink?

VeraBlue said:
I think he has flashbacks of his grandparents cooking...

Hope I didn't give anyone the wrong impression about him. He's the furthest thing from a prude you'll ever meet. Maybe he's jealous that the coffee pot gets a look, too....

What did they cook in the nude or something?????:) Grandpa getting jiggy with it and flippy grandma with the towel or something :LOL:

Well, I just posted this on the bad habit thread, but Cristiano quite often frolic about in his birthday suit inside the house, including cooking in the kitchen, especially during the summer. It is kinda funny and never came across to me as a "disrespect" of any sort.:)

To me really, disrespecting the kitchen means to have a spic and span ultra modern professional kitchen in your house/flat and never bother to cook anything there (I have seen it happen actually in other households... how sad is that:ermm: )

VeraBlue said:
He sees the kitchen as our church, ahahahaha. Honestly, this is all tongue in cheek. He laughs every time I do it. I have pretty light and airy lacy curtains as well. I love the light...and I don't care if my neighbours see a thing, hahaha.
As for the pie, I'll pay you a dollar if you do it. I mean it.
I haven't forgotten about this. I'll let you know how it goes when the opportunity (and apple pie) presents itself. The kids always wake up before us, so it does create problems. I'm thinking I'll have to do it at night after the kids have gone to bed.

Hmmm. I'm not much into walking around nude, but probably becuse I'm old and overweight (I didn't feel that way 30 years ago!). But I personally don't see how you can "disrespect" an inanimate object that belongs to you! How funny. If you drink champagne, naked in bed, on a sunday morning, are you disrespecting the glasses and furniture? Haha!

apple pie

corazon90 said:
I haven't forgotten about this. I'll let you know how it goes when the opportunity (and apple pie) presents itself. The kids always wake up before us, so it does create problems. I'm thinking I'll have to do it at night after the kids have gone to bed.

makes a wonderful midnight snack. Indeed, it does.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom