Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Disrespecting the kitchen (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/disrespecting-the-kitchen-24672.html)

VeraBlue 07-20-2006 06:57 PM

Disrespecting the kitchen

The thread on bad kitchen habits got me thinking of something my boyfriend accuses me of all the time....disrespecting the kitchen.

See, I get up at 5am every morning during the week, and usually by 6:30 on the weekends. There is no way in **** that my kids are up that early, they are 17 and 20 (september they are in college...) I tend to walk down to the kitchen, pour two cups of coffe [only one during the week:sad:,] fix them according to taste, walk back upstairs with them...in the nude. Yes, in the nude.

Jokingly, I've been summarily acussed of disrespecting the kitchen. I imagine I disrespect the refrigerator, too, for that matter....since I have to open it for the cream..

What about you? Any of you guilty of some similar crime?

GB 07-20-2006 07:08 PM

I guess I disrespect my whole house :ohmy:

pdswife 07-20-2006 07:16 PM

lol... My house thinks it a sign of love not disrespect.

middie 07-20-2006 07:21 PM

I'm with Gb on this one.

Aurora 07-20-2006 07:23 PM

I suggest that you tell your boy friend that if being nude is a sign of disrespect that you will treat him with the utmost respect from now on.

amber 07-20-2006 07:25 PM

Why wouldnt he be happy that your bringing him coffee in the nude? Geez, I'd love it if my hubby did that.

VeraBlue 07-20-2006 07:36 PM

he does love it....

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber
Why wouldnt he be happy that your bringing him coffee in the nude? Geez, I'd love it if my hubby did that.

hahaha, and we're all for nudity, as often as possible. He just has a problem with the nudity in the kitchen. I think it stems from our italian/catholic backgrounds.

We both disrespected the backyard the other day, walking from the hot tub to the basement. That may be another topic, haha.

VeraBlue 07-20-2006 07:37 PM

water all over the %%## keyboard!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB
I guess I disrespect my whole house :ohmy:

Thank you, I've just unintentionally spraycleaned my keyboard with that remark.

Yes, there is nothing sacred here, either.

VeraBlue 07-20-2006 07:39 PM

but I hate clothes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurora
I suggest that you tell your boy friend that if being nude is a sign of disrespect that you will treat him with the utmost respect from now on.

I think he has flashbacks of his grandparents cooking...

Hope I didn't give anyone the wrong impression about him. He's the furthest thing from a prude you'll ever meet. Maybe he's jealous that the coffee pot gets a look, too....

corazon 07-20-2006 07:44 PM

Why is that disrespectful? Coffee & a nude women, what more could a guy want (though my dh would want apple pie, not coffee)? We don't walk in the nude around the house. We have lots of big windows and even bigger wierdos in the neighborhood. You can clearly see into our house any time the blinds are open. We used to do it before this house and before we were sleep deprived parents. Even if we didn't have big windows we'd still be having our competition on who can pretend to be sleeping through the noise of the kids waking up. :lol: