Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is no "best" Sauce., only what is best for you. That being said, a mild tomato sauce flavored with ground Cummin, Coriander, Ancho Chile Peppers, and maybe a touch of unsweetened chocolate will provide a great sauce.

But be bold. Try a sauce made from chunky pineapple, chicken or pork broth, onion, ginger, brown sugar, a a touch of 5-spice powder.

Both of these sauces work with both green peppers and rice. For that matter, a simple compound butter would go very well with this combination, as would a beef gravy that has been thickend with a cornstarch slurry.

But I don't htink I'd top it with hot-fudge.:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I'd go with a good tomato sauce. You could go Creole, Italian or Mexican with the seasonings, and even add ground beef, turkey or baby shrimp to the sauce if you wanted.
I also suggest pressing a chunk of cheese into the top of your pepper before pouring the sauce over (I assume you're going to cook your peppers in the sauce). The variety of cheese would depend on which cuisine you choose.

I do not add any sause to rice stuffed peppers, I always have some liquid left in the pot so that is what i use. I don't know if i would even consider adding anything, IMHO peppers do not need anything else. But that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom