dinner july 28th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i'll be away tomorrow so i figured i'd get the thread going.
either i'll ask my Dad to cook city chicken or stuffed cabbage, or i'll stuff
tilapia w/ spinach, swiss, black pepper, etc. (when i get into my kitchen is when i decide 'bout ingredients).
you?

hi, luvs!
5.gif
what's city chicken?

We are having lamb burgers and stuffed zucchini flowers.

Here's a recipe for city chicken Callie

1 lb. veal in 1/2" cubes
1 lb. lean pork in 1/2" cubes
garlic flavored bread crumbs
1 slightly beaten egg, mixed with 1 tsp. water
salt and pepper
wooden skewers
1/4 cup veggie oil

Alternate veal and pork cubes on the sticks. Dip in bread crumbs. Then in egg mixture. Then again in the bread crumbs. Brown on all sides in hot oil. Use a heavy skillet. Cook over medium heat. Add seasonings and a little water while cooking. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

callie said:
hi, luvs!
5.gif
what's city chicken?
callie!:w00t:
my Dad's is countryribs (pork) cubed, dipped into egg & then cracker crumbs, seasoned, skewered & baked. a variation of 'em. mmmm, they are delicious! (maybe be friedbefore baking?)

Last edited:
It will only be my daughter and I for dinner tomorrow. Hubby is out of town on business and son has to work. We are making one of our favorite summer treats .. Rustic Parmesan Tomato Tart, with some garden yellow and red tomatoes and some of my fresh basil. Yummy!

will be on the road fri-the following sun...up thru oh and mi over to mn, down thru wi il and over thru in and back to md. seeing some friends and some more of the great lakes! gonna eat me some walleye and wild rice!

Getting chinese take out tonight (szechuan spicy shrimp) with pork fried rice and egg roll. Hubby is having beans on toast, he doesnt like chinese.

I am making a recipe I saw on the Ellie Krieger show on the Food Network, its buffalo chicken salad. I'm also making double chocolate fudge cookies (from the Cooking Light cookbook). Even though I'm cooking 'lite' tonight, I've got some cold wine in the fridge and its just about 5pm.

cheers!

We're having meatloaf, beer butt chicken, roasted mashed potatoes, gravy, garden salad, and creamed corn...maybe green beans..don't know yet.

Well I didnt like the szechuan spicy shrimp I got tonight..way to many veggies and the shrimp was tiny. The pork fried rice was overcooked and the eggroll lacked flavor. Cross that one off the chinese take out menu!

Toots said:
I am making a recipe I saw on the Ellie Krieger show on the Food Network, its buffalo chicken salad. I'm also making double chocolate fudge cookies (from the Cooking Light cookbook). Even though I'm cooking 'lite' tonight, I've got some cold wine in the fridge and its just about 5pm.

cheers!

Which Cooking Light Cookbook? I've got the 2006 one open in my kitchen right now...

Tonight is grilled leg of lamb, couscous salad in lettuce cups (from the cookbook open in my kitchen), and a rustic plum tart (from this month's Everyday Food.) Today is my "try new recipes" day. But someone else is making the lamb.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom