Duck salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
I hope I am not repeatuing this in my senility :huh: :huh: but I had this last night an was reminded what a perfect supper it is for a hot but hungry day!

I grill a duck breast leaving it fairly rare and brush the skin with honey to help it crackle. Mean while I segment a grapefruit (any colour would do, I just prefer pink or red ones) saving the juice. I put the grapefruit in a bowl with a huge bunch of watercress leaves (stalks mainly removed) and then add honey and a splash (just a tiny one) of balsamic to make a light dressing...not too sweet. Then slice the duck and toss it all together. It is that perfect balance between light and hefty and the fussiest part is segmenting the grapefruit. And, it is packed full of flavour!

oh, that does sound good. i too haven't had duck in a while, and have sworn off making it in the house. the last time i made it in the showtime rotisserie, and all of that steaming, smoking burning fat stunk out 2 floors of the house, for 2 days.

i've never thought of doing just a breast on the grill outside. thanks for the suggestion lulu!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom