Anyone making a big breakfast tomorrow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
We typically eat light during the week, cereal, toast with jam, fresh fruit salad, tea, coffee. On the weekend I like to make a big breakfast. We love omelets and fritattas (especially the bacon and potatoe frittata that I think Mish posted in the eggs forum).

So, anyone else making a big breakfast tomorrow or Sunday?

naw... we'll grab a bowl of cereal and a muffin before hitting the woods.

I might make breakfast for dinner tonight.. that sounds like a good idea.

Heck no, I'm sleeping!! LOL
I would love to have eggs, bacon, sausage and pancakes though, if someone else would make them.

I love breakfast. You want a couple of ideas? I've got some lovely recipes I've made in the past. If I had to choose just one meal to eat it would be breakfast...of course I have some strange things for breakfast :LOL:

texasgirl said:
Heck no, I'm sleeping!! LOL
I would love to have eggs, bacon, sausage and pancakes though, if someone else would make them.

I'm with you, Texas - love to eat breakfast, hate to make it myself!

It's my favorite meal to go out to eat.

Lee

bjcotton said:
I love breakfast. You want a couple of ideas? I've got some lovely recipes I've made in the past. If I had to choose just one meal to eat it would be breakfast...of course I have some strange things for breakfast :LOL:

I'm a breakfast person too. I'd love some of your ideas, thanks.

Well my house is full the Bed and Breakfast is full all weekend sooo i tend to make big breakfasts every day!

However ive got some great things im putting out tomorrow. Ive got in the frdige a maple vanilla strata that ill bake in the morning and i made fresh raspberry jam :)

Nope, I've gotta get up too early in the morning. Hubby wants to have a yard sale so it'll be cereal, toast, or whatever you can find & fix yourself for us. I'm so glad my kids are at the age where they can fix their own breakfasts.

Sunday is our breakfast date day, and since I have everyone here on sunday for dinner, I look forward to quiet and DH and great food and coffee at our favorite haunt:)

kadesma

Chef_Jen said:
Well my house is full the Bed and Breakfast is full all weekend sooo i tend to make big breakfasts every day!

However ive got some great things im putting out tomorrow. Ive got in the frdige a maple vanilla strata that ill bake in the morning and i made fresh raspberry jam :)

Sounds like a really fun career to have. Your breakfast tomorrow sounds delicious, though I dont know what a "strata" is. Do you have a website that includes your menu options?

Today was tomato frittata day. (It was supposed to be spinach, but the spinach had gone bad.)

Saturday's are usually "walk to the local coffee shop day", but I have a flight in the morning, so it might be a Cinnabon at the airport instead. Or cereal before hand if I get too hungry.

I use to really like making nice breakfasts on the weekends - omelettes, fritattas, pancakes, waffles, muffins, or egg/turkey bacon/cheese sandwiches, etc.

Then 2 years ago husband went on a major health kick & will now only eat plain yogurt with a little fruit for breakfast, regardless of the day or occasion, unless we're breakfasting out, which is rare. I'm happy that he wants to be healthy, but still miss making those breakfasts (& somehow don't think a regular breakfast once a week would send him into cardiac arrest - lol - but it's his choice, & I have to respect it.)

:) We used to make a big breakfast usually sunday we called it a truck drivers breakfast.Bacon,eggs,potato pancakes toast.We dont do it any more because we would get too full, every now and then I make eggs,bacon and pancakes for dinner.

of course here is my bed and breakies site www.theestatehouse.co.uk

Oh a strata.. Well its cubed bread and you can put any filling i use ham cheese and peppers or like today CInn. raisins maple syrup and sugar vanilla etc.

Then you make an egg mixture of eggs milk and what ever spices etc you want pour over let set over night.. then bake..

It turns out to be like baked french toast sooo moist and tasty!

Loprraine said:
I don't usually eat breakfast. If the sun's over the yardarm, it might be a glass of wine.:LOL:

AAhhh breakfast. When the kids ( whopping great 22, 20 and 17 yr olds) are around I do Breakfast for Champions.
Sausage, bacon, fried bread, hash browns clive's way ( since I have no idea what they should really look like, I make a hash of it:ROFLMAO: ), tomatoes and mushrooms slow cooked in huge globs of butter, baked beans, and perico.
Perico is a local form of scrambled eggs with diced onion, tomato, sweet and hot peppers, sprinkled with cilantro and served (in this house) with Andean Picante de leche - a hot sauce made with fresh milk.
Mugs of Assam Tea all round, of course.

After that lot, I'm no good for anything so I slump in a chair and watch football all day...:LOL:

( Pass the wine, Loprraine!)

Chef_Jen said:
of course here is my bed and breakies site www.theestatehouse.co.uk

Oh a strata.. Well its cubed bread and you can put any filling i use ham cheese and peppers or like today CInn. raisins maple syrup and sugar vanilla etc.

Then you make an egg mixture of eggs milk and what ever spices etc you want pour over let set over night.. then bake..

It turns out to be like baked french toast sooo moist and tasty!

Strata sounds alot like a bread pudding which is a dessert here, so your strata sounds more of a savory breakfast or brunch, sounds great! Love your website. Your bread and breakfast menu looks good too. The rooms are so nice and cozy, and your prices are very reasonable.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom