Dinner Monday, July 31st?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll be cooking...

just don't know what yet... I'm really in the mood for LEG OF LAMB but... they are so big and it's just Paul and I so that seems like a big dinner for two... maybe lamb burgers. ...??

I haven't a clue........I'm just now eating lunch because I was undecided. I'll see what you guys are coming up with and maybe I'll be inspired.

Probably crab soup that we make over the weekend, I also have four really nice ears of white corn in the fridge.

I'm sorry, but much of the country is in a heat wave. Cook? Are you crazy? My friend made some gaspacho, and she has air conditioning (I don't). But none of us was crazy enough to turn on some heat. Cold food is the order of the day. I understand cool weather is on its way the day after tomorrow! Hey, I left florida to get out of this weather!

Since the market had gorgeous, jumbo shrimp on sale yesterday, I bought 1-1/2 pounds & tried a new recipe for Thai-style Chili Shrimp that came out really well. Spicy traditional Thai flavors without being incendiary. Tossed the shrimp with 1/2 a package of my favorite rice noodles - "Notta Pasta".

Have just enough leftover for a nice little lunch for myself today while hiding indoors from the blistering heat.

steak

We had steak, mushroom wild rice, and peas.

The first time my kids really enjoyed steak, I have always served it
but they preferred chicken. I think they know now what they were
missing out on.

Not sure tonight probably going out, we are leaving for our canada fishing
trip very early in the morning.:sleep:

So I won't dcing for awhile.:ohmy:

I ended up fixing a big pot of goulash (my mom's recipe). Another one of those dishes that takes me back to being a kid.

SizzlininINs Moms Goulash

This is exactly as she wrote it down for me.

Brown about a pound of ground beef. Sometimes I add a little sausage. Add some chopped onion, some green pepper if you like cook until soft add:

1 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp garlic salt
1 bay leaf
Some worcheshire sauce

Brown and cook together. Add 1 tsp brown sugar, 1 can tomato soup, 2 small cans of tomato sauce and some ketchup if you like. Taste add more or less.

Meanwhile cook 1 box of creamette macaroni in boiling water until aldente or tender, drain, do not rinse, add sauce to macaroni and cook on low for a few minutes. You can use parmesan cheese if you like. Make sure you cook on low or it will stick. Taste and add more of what you like. I sometimes add Italian Seasoning. And take out bay leaf. You can add what you like.

MY NOTE: I can never recall eating this without green bell peppers in it.

Back
Top Bottom