recipe software again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allioop108

Assistant Cook
Ok I've done a search on recipe software and see some nice products. Still not sure which is the best for me. What i would prefer is something just for organizing recipes in catagories to make finding them easier. What I dont really need is software that comes with recipes since I want the software to just enter tried recipes that I will reuse, I dont care to have the additional few hundred recipes the different software gives you taking up hard drive space. so is there an organizer out there that will do this without giving me all those recipes or has this request become a microsoft office project. If no such software exist then my choices were between living cookbook and cooking with betty crocker in case someone wants to sway me one way or the other.

Allen
allioop108@aol.com

I reviewed all the ones I could find online just recently and settled on BigOven. It does come with a bunch of recipes, but you could easily delete them before importing / adding in your own. It has pretty good search functions for finding by ingredient, etc.

I did a little spreadsheet comparing the different versions, and showing the URL for the ones I found. I could send it to you, if you want. It would at least do some of the prelim research for you. Then you could just go look at the ones that seem to have what you want.

digigirl said:
I reviewed all the ones I could find online just recently and settled on BigOven. It does come with a bunch of recipes, but you could easily delete them before importing / adding in your own. It has pretty good search functions for finding by ingredient, etc.

I did a little spreadsheet comparing the different versions, and showing the URL for the ones I found. I could send it to you, if you want. It would at least do some of the prelim research for you. Then you could just go look at the ones that seem to have what you want.

Yes I would like to review that spreadsheet.

Allen
allioop108@aol.com

Allen there is a version of an online cookbook - that let's you create your own and organize your recipes on Better Homes and Garden. See if you can find it. I actually collected recipes from my entire family and made a cookbook and handed it to a close cousin of ours for her wedding. It was a big hit and given I spent some money on making it snazzy (like printing it on fancy paper) and laminating the cover it looked extremely professional. It is free as far as I can tell. I don't have the URL readily available but do a search on Better Homes and Gardens website and it should pull it up.

I use MasterCook 9 as do a bunch of people I know. Yes it comes with a bunch of cookbooks included, but I made my own and seldom if ever open theirs. MC9 is easy to use and has many nice features. I didn't think I'd use any of the features, but found myself using quite a few of them. It's $20 and about all you'd ever want.

bjcotton said:
I use MasterCook 9 as do a bunch of people I know. Yes it comes with a bunch of cookbooks included, but I made my own and seldom if ever open theirs. MC9 is easy to use and has many nice features. I didn't think I'd use any of the features, but found myself using quite a few of them. It's $20 and about all you'd ever want.

Agreed, I have it and its great! Well worth the small investment.

Rgds Sugarcreations

I also have MasterCook9. I used to have BusyCook software, but was not please with the support.

MasterCook9 is outstanding software with more bells and whistles then you will probably use, but it is there if you want them. At $20 bucks it is a steal.

If you get it let me know as there is a group that you can join that will help you with any question you may have.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom