Miracle Blade knives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vagriller

Head Chef
My Miracle blade knives arrived yesterday. Wow are they sharp, except for the rock and chop. Also the chop and scoop is much thinner than I was expecting. Instead of the kitchen scissors I got an extra all purpose slicer. So I have 3 of those! TATTRAT want to try it out?:LOL:

Oh yeah the seller sent a juicer with the set and it works great!

(the new cookbook should be there today!)

Those knives are pieces of crap and they will be worthless in a couple of months. I suggest you start saving for a new set.

Mylegsbig said:
Those knives are pieces of crap and they will be worthless in a couple of months. I suggest you start saving for a new set.

Sorry, but he's 100% correct--- These are nothing more but serrated knives stamped out of crappy low-carbon, thin, steel that does rust, with plastic handles that crack. I once recieved a set as a present from a friend who knew I was "into" knives and bought into "that" infomercial. They are junk, plain and simple. Pick up a Messermeister or Hattori knife if you want quality.I personally would rather have 1 good knife than an equally priced, complete set of crappy ones.

Before i got into cooking i saw that stupid commercial and bought those knives. They all fell apart. I want to hunt Chef Tony down and give him a good wallop.

Im with the others. Miracle blades are garbage. Don't get me wrong, the first couple of uses? They're like razor blades. I was (initially) really impressed with them. That lasted about 4 days. But they don't hold their edge for crap, and the way they're made is as such to where steeling them will damage the knife.

If you insist on keeping them, though, some tips: Go ahead and rip off the naming labels on all the knives now (the things that say "Slicer" "Rock 'n Chop", "filet" etc.). Why? Because after you wash em in the dishwasher 2 or 3 times they're gonna fall off anyways, and then you're gonna have to fish them out of the bottom of the machine. Don't get too used to that ball on the top of the rock 'n chop. Not only does it teach you improper knife wielding technique, it's gonna break off at some point, as well. The chop n scoop, as you said, is thinner than it should be for what it is...so expect to have to contend with bent edges on the blade portion. In other words, don't get it near clothes or a bent edge will snag and rip em. That thing is nothing more than a glorified board scraper.

That juicer...oy. I guess it works for a hand juicer. I can find one at the Dollar Store that will do just as well.

The only good thing about Miracle Blades? The block. I love the knife block. Beyond that? Trash.

Are these the ones on QVC? Just curios because I ordered a knife from them just today, but I'm on a waitlist. If it's junk, I'll cancel.

Technique 7" Japanese Stainless Steel Kohaishu Knife

this is the one I ordered off QVC. Any thoughts?

vagriller said:
Why didn't anyone trash these knives in the thread where they were lauded?

There were 54 posts in that thread and one person spoke favorably about your knives. All the other posts repeated the same names - Henckels, Wusthof, Global, etc.

The thread asked for your favorites, not recommendations or critiques.

You get what you pay for in just about everything in life, and that certainly includes knives.

BUT, I do like my Ginzu knife that I got at the home show -- in fact, I then we have three or four of them. Great for slicing bagels, especially since I won't pay money for a serrated knife.

If a knife is cheap, run the other way. Not to say that I haven't bought cheap Victorinox paring knives and LOVE them. BUT a quality knife is a tool for a lifetime. I have a 12" (yes!) Henckels chef knife that I have had for 43 years now. I also have a lot of other different knives--I would never buy a "block". Some have been so sharpened that our adult son says, you have to respect a boning knife that is half its original size.
I'm sorry you got snookered. There are good knives to be had and at a discount. And especially without a lemon squeezer being "thrown in". Goodness. WHAT does a lemon squeezer or for that matter, a cookbook have to do with knives.

Andy M. said:
vagriller:

This has the info you needed.
Uh, that's really funny that you linked to that thread as though it had the support for the Miracle Blade that Vagriller was looking for. That post was over a year ago and the guy who started the thread condemned the Miracle Blade later in the same thread that he started when he realized what crap they were.

In all fairness, the Miracle blade knife might go well in your tool box or tackle box as a decent all around utility knife.

Last edited:
The fact is, this thread actually had seceral members' opinions of the product. The other thread did not.

Gretchen said:
WHAT does a lemon squeezer or for that matter, a cookbook have to do with knives.

Well, the juicer came with it so that is what it has to do with it. The cookbook? Well, I ordered both at the same time so I guess I think about them arriving at the same time. Have a good day, I know I will.:chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom