Think Cold Thoughts...Think Cold Thoughts...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mugsy27

Sous Chef
heat Index of 115 here in baltimore today and for the rest of the week...the humidity is absolutely BRUTAL!!

my dog doesnt even want to go out and play..she runs out..pees, and runs back in panting like crazy!! :LOL:

anyone else getting drilled by this gawd awful heat wave??

YES!!!!
however, this is day 3 that there's been some overcasting. Humidity is still disgusting! My poor doggie hates it too, and even when she's only out to "get busy", she comes in smelling like a dog! Darn humidity! I got her some lovely almond vanilla spray, though, and it works like a charm.

I want it to rain and be 53 degrees for the next month.

Yep, us too, although I'm actually enjoying it. Reminds me of Dallas and San Antonio.

John

cold thoughts....

Ice cream
snow
hail
snowcones
ice skates
shivers and shakes!

There ya go.

Its miserable out there today.......90 but with the heat index its 104. Heard yesterday we'er suppose to get some rain tomorrow...........we'll see!

Yep, its just starting to get humid again here. Tomorrow should be the worst day, around 100 with the heat index, and then the dreaded humidity. I've just closed all my windows to keep the house cooler. I only need a fan at the moment but that will soon change :LOL: back to the AC once again. My poor dog hates this weather too.

Cool thoughts:

ice cubes on your back
sticking your head in the freezer, ahhhhh
A cold adult beverage
A Noreaster :ohmy: :LOL:

Currently 95 degrees here, heat index 101. Nice and sticky, perfect for swimming.

Think cool thoughts:
Walk-in refrigerator
Walk-in freezer
Supersoakers, fully loaded, placed in refrigerators to get good and cold
water balloons, also placed in refrigerators
winning a game, and having a cooler full of ice water dumped over you

It is 92 with a heat index somewhere in the triple digits. We just had central air installed though so I am doing ok with the heat.

It is 98 here with a heat index of 112. Ughhhhhhhhhhh:eek: My daughter is moving today and I got out of helping for medical reasons.:w00t2:

it is dreadful here:wacko: , heat index is in the triple digits:( , maybe this will help.....

Attachments

• Dscf2547.yesjpg.jpg
    Dscf2547.yesjpg.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 210
Well, I'm still enjoying it!!

About time to hit the road, so I checked the weather, and we're at 98, with a heat index of 108.

Time to roll down the windows, open up the sunroof and enjoy it!!

John

For those who aren't crazy like ronjohn or who can't get to the Ice Hotel, let me add to the other suggestions:

rub yourself down with rubbing alcohol. The fast evaporation of the alcohol off your skin will cool you off at least temporarily. Mom used to do this to us kids when we had fevers.

Hold a can or bottle of a very cold beverage against your pulse points (carotid, wrists, behind the knees, back of the neck). Open said container and drink it.

I don't want to complain about the heat, given what the folks in California are going through, but.... The car has a digital display of the outside temperature. When we got in the car this afternoon, it read 41C. I've never seen it hit 40.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom