Who Is He?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bjcotton

Senior Cook
This famous TV star played a "pill pusher" on the 1963 General Hospital..then he played in a futuristic TV series for a number of years...who is he?

Is there a prize?:)

[SIZE=-1]Leonard Nimoy (Spock) portrayed Bernie, a pill pusher, way back in 1963 ... [/SIZE]

He gives us this quiz and takes off...just like him.:glare:

I looked it up on google. Never got into soap operas or Star Trek.

Half Baked said:
I looked it up on google. .

A BBQ competition friend of mine is also great with computers. One of his favorite quotes is, "Google is your friend".

So true. I found the answer there, too.

Lee

I won't say that's cheatin', but I had to read to find it...y'all know that old fashioned thing called research and reading?

No Googling this time...who played a latin singer named "Miguel" on the same show about the same time?

You're right it was later, but that was him.

How successful were the European soaps?

I loved a soapie in Italy ( but made in Argentina I think...so was dubbed) called ' La Donna del Mistero'
Sigh.......:) :)

I can't talk for European sooaps,but our British ones are way less glamourous than US ones... We have Eastenders, set in a fictious East End London borough (think Cockney), Coronation Street which is started in the late 50s and is still going strong, set in a fictious town near Manchester, full of gritty northerners (not!) and Emmerdale - an account of Yorkshire farming folk. In Scotland there is River City, set in Glasgow and we used to have Take the High Road, set in a farming community beside a loch...

We don't see any of the US soaps, ie continuous drama as they like to call them nowadays... Well, they may be on cable, but I've never gone looking for them, so I cannot state absolutely that we don't have them!:)

When was it that the last network radio soap opera went off the air?

There were only how many commercials on Love of Life in 1951...how many? Where were those commercials placed during the show? Today, actual soap time runs how many out of an hour show?

Ishbel said:
I can't talk for European sooaps,but our British ones are way less glamourous than US ones... We have Eastenders, set in a fictious East End London borough (think Cockney), Coronation Street which is started in the late 50s and is still going strong, set in a fictious town near Manchester, full of gritty northerners (not!) and Emmerdale - an account of Yorkshire farming folk. In Scotland there is River City, set in Glasgow and we used to have Take the High Road, set in a farming community beside a loch...

We don't see any of the US soaps, ie continuous drama as they like to call them nowadays... Well, they may be on cable, but I've never gone looking for them, so I cannot state absolutely that we don't have them!:)

Coronation Street is my favorite soap! American soaps are so unrealistic, and everyone is always dressed up and in full makeup even if they are not working :LOL: I pick up Coronation Street through a canadian channel (CBC).

bjcotton said:
When was it that the last network radio soap opera went off the air?

There were only how many commercials on Love of Life in 1951...how many? Where were those commercials placed during the show? Today, actual soap time runs how many out of an hour show?

Love of Life and Search for Tomorrow both went off the air in 1980

Originally commercials were shown before and after the soap (Love of Life), then in 1960's they alloted one commercial half way through the soap.

I dont know the answer to your third question, on how many commercials are run out of an hour show, but probably at least 20 minutes worth if not more.

Back
Top Bottom