nutella frosting recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arlienb

Cook
i'm looking for a nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread) frosting recipe for a cake. i think there's more to it than just spreading the cake with nutella straight from the jar, haha. would anyone have something to share? thanks!

This is a filling I use for stuffing chocolate puffs - should work well for frosting a cake.
6 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoons granulated sugar (divided)
2/3 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread (Nutella)
1/4 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts or pecans
Beat together cream cheese and granulated sugar in a mixing bowl. Gradually beat in chocolate-hazelnut spread and the whipping cream. Stir in nuts.
For stuffing the puffs, I chill the mixture first and pipe into the puffs. I think for a cake it would be the right consistency for spreading.

This is weird. I've been thinking about how nutella would make a good frosting.

I'd have to find a recipe that used the whole jar....I'm not responsible enough to have leftover nutella around the house.:pig:

Banana Brain said:
This is weird. I've been thinking about how nutella would make a good frosting.

that IS weird! it's been bugging me these past few days, and i'm thinking of making a cake with an oreo-based centre filling with a nutella frosting on top...i don't know if it'll work though, but there's nothing wrong with dreaming about it...:chef: i still have to get down to making it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom