I Feel Naked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

middie

Chef Extraordinaire
Well I did something I thought I'd never do in my life. Cut my hair... short.
Donated 10 inches of it to Locks of Love. I don't think my hair has ever been this short in my life. I think it's too short and I feel naked.

:ohmy:
Care to share a pic?:mrgreen:

It was for a good cause Middie - thats what counts.:cool:

Locks of love is such a wonderful charity....you did a great thing.

Heck, you'll get used to short hair in no time.:)

Middie, I'm so proud of you. Your hair will grow back and you will be blessed.
img_302753_0_d94b83ef146ed1cfe84994a064a06762.gif

middie said:
Well I did something I thought I'd never do in my life. Cut my hair... short.
Donated 10 inches of it to Locks of Love. I don't think my hair has ever been this short in my life. I think it's too short and I feel naked.

Bravo Middie! What a great cause, locks of love. It will grow back, but they're hair will not, but thanks to you, some lucky girl or woman now will have your hair. That is awesome! Did you happen to watch the Today show when Ann curry grew her hair out for the same cause? She had very long hair as you did. They tie it up in a pony tail, cut it off, then cut and style your hair.

Lets see a pic of your new hairstyle! It's so much cooler in the summer to have short hair. My hair tends to get wavy when I cut it short.

My two granddaughters, 7 and 5, along with their mother--all redheads--did this in June.

I think that's wonderful, middie - good for you!

And you know what? I think that most of us look better with well-cut shorter hair styles.

Lee

Bless your heart, you just did a wonderful thing Middie and I bet you look fantastic.
hugs to you,
kadesma:)

YAY middie, that's such a wonderful thing to do!!:clap: Savannah & I are letting our hair grow to do the same thing. At the rate mine grows though she'll be there long before me.:rolleyes:

As Billy Cryatal said, "Dahling, you look maaahrvelous!

What a great thing to do. Much better than leaving it on the floor.

Well if you watch the Pearl Jam video of "Jeremy"
my hair looks much likie Eddie Veder's lol.

"My hair tends to get wavy when I cut it short"

Amber my hair is naturally curly, so you can imagine what it looks like short lol.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm jealous that you actually had enough hair that Locks of Love wanted it (I've had a couple of friends donate hair). Last year eczema and psoriosis took a lot of my hair (not to mention scalp --- to include hair folicals that will never come back). All I can say is enjoy that new-found light-headed, naked feeling. Some of us will never have the choice of long hair again!

What a selfless thing to do. I don't think we have that here but I wish we did. My mum had ovarian cancer and had to get a wig, it would have been so lovely if it could have been real hair.
You are a lovely person for doing this.:)

You did a wonderful thing, Middie! Your hair will grow back out and you've given another person the chance for a beautiful wig to cover their bare head. My mother had a wonderful wig of real hair when she was going through all the chemo. It was so nice for her to have something real instead of sythetic hair. She was so upset when she lost her hair. When she got her wig though, she loved it and didn't feel so insecure. Thank you for doing such a selfless thing!!

It is a big shock to go from really long hair to really short isn't it middie? Kate did that last summer. Donated 15 inches of her hair. It was really weird to see her with short hair at first. I bet you will be used to your new look within a week or so though. The biggest adjustment is always in the shower, you invariably try to use WAY too much shampoo at first! LOL. Way to go Middie, you have beautiful hair and someone will be so grateful to have a wig made from your donation.

:):) Congratualtions! You did a wonderful thing. I saw Ann Curry on Today and thought since I hadn't had a haircut in over a year I'd let mine grow longer and do the same thing. I was fortunate I didn't have to have chemo and have my hair fall out so I thought it would be a cool thing to do. Alas the medication they put me on causes thinning hair in something like one woman in a 1000. Had to get it cut to take the stress off it, it helped some, but it's still thinning. :( :) I'm just lucky to have hair!

Middie, you are a very special person. Good for you. And I am sure you are just as beautiful with short hair as you were with long. And we all know how beautiful you are inside.

Back
Top Bottom