Whats for dinner, August 7 ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
I'll either make chicken picata, or steak sandwiches. Not sure what to make for sides.

I'm making chicken salad overtop a green salad with watermelon for dessert.

GF wants burgers on the grill with horseradish cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and mayo. Sides will be potato salad and slaw leftover from yesterday.

For us.. "smoked" Bacon Chops with Braised Red Cabbage and Courgettes (zuchinnis) from the garden... with steamed salad potatoes!

for the guests:
Chicken wraped in Bacon and served with a light cheese and leek sauce

It's my Annivarsary. I'm in the middle of a road trip (vacation?) between families, so we'll celebrate later.

Today, I'm cooking for my family. I'm making polenta stuffed with italian sausage, mushroom, zucchini and mozzy, with a sausage sauce.

Tomorrow, at Kristen's family, we'll have either pesto or bolognese.

Toots, BLTs sound good!

I was planning on grilling steaks and having some fresh green beans and corn. They're calling for heavy thunderstorms, though, so I'm not sure what I'll have if I can't cook out.

Sent Dh to the store for one thing, lemons for lemonade, got the lemons, plus, a corned beef, cabbage,yukon golds, green beans, carrots. Do you think he was hinting at something?:LOL:
So, dinner is..Corned beef and cabbage and I think I'll make some homemade biscuits with rosemary honey and butter. Dessert, I just picked a watermelon from the garden so that will be the finale.
kadesma

I have chicken breasts marinating in Zesty Italian Dressing. I'm going to throw those on the grill and serve them with some grilled veggies and orzo.

vyapti said:
It's my Annivarsary. I'm in the middle of a road trip (vacation?) between families, so we'll celebrate later.

Congratulations! How long have you been together?

I think we are going to have caesar salad roll ups with some grilled teriyaki steak sliced into them. Maybe some potato wedges or a potato salad.

As I type, I have 8 turkey legs smoking in my grill right now. They ought to be ready around 8 o'clock or so. I can't wait. The county fair is going on right now, and whenever there's a fair around, I'm in the mood for smoked turkey legs, as I used to get them at the State Fair back in Tulsa. MMMMMMMMMM. I know my kids will be tickled pink, as they love chicken/turkey legs. PeppA, on the other hand, is not very eager to try them. I did them once, last year, and that was before I really got good experience with smoking, and they ended up being not quite as tasty as they should have been.

I wish I was making something else.
I have two bone-in chicken breasts and a new stainless steel pot. And some eggplant, peppers, and tomatoes. Not sure what that'll make.

Plus some bell pepper focaccia.

marmar said:
I wish I was making something else.
I have two bone-in chicken breasts and a new stainless steel pot. And some eggplant, peppers, and tomatoes. Not sure what that'll make.

Plus some bell pepper focaccia.

Throw in some onion and you're pretty much totally set for chicken samfaina there, and you'd get to use the new pot!

Today was leftovers day after having company over the weekend. Turned steak and a potato into a kind of elegant hash, and had tomatoes and cukes from the garden.

Back
Top Bottom