Your twist on chicken pot pie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biev

Senior Cook
I've always had chicken pot pie prepared in the same way : chicken, a can of mixed vegetables, bechamel sauce. It gets old. How do you tweak yours?

I use a rather short cut method - leftover or rotisserie chicken, frozen vegetables and a can of celery soup adding milk or water to the desired consistency. Then crescent rolls on top. I may have to make one even tho the weather is quite warm.

Last edited:
i have a chicken pot pie spanish version where aside from the usual chicken mushroom and veg combination, i also add chorizo (if you have it, if not pepperoni will do), and olives and some grated parmesan cheese

ironchef said:
I did a tweaked out version once as a demi-entree. It was with chicken confit, truffles, foie gras, morel mushrooms, parsnips, and English spring peas with a leek sauce served in a puff pastry.
IC! That sounds fantastic! That would be good, too, with duck confit. :chef: But I've never put confit into pot pie before. Cannot wait to try that!

My mom used to make some serious pot pies, and always topped them with her incredible biscuits.

The one I do is fresh veggies sauteed along with the chicken, a roux type white sauce then topped with a crust that I add snipped chives and parmesan to.
kadesma:)

I didn't get the replies in time so I used a wider mix of vegetables and sauteed-steamed some cubed potatoes and onion. I added a ton of rosemary to my white sauce so it wouldnt be so boring ;o) It was pretty good. I'm definitely gonna try your recipes next time. Corazon, that looks yummy... I love leeks. And Iron Chef, well... there's never anything you write that doesn't make me drool. TJ wants me to make individual sized pies next time, maybe I will try the puff pastry idea. I think just chicken, mushroom and a sauce would be wonderful too. Kind of a vol-au-vent thing :)

Back
Top Bottom