Sour Cream Noodle Bake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
Our daughter, Cassie, lives in a tiny farming community up in St. Peter, Il. This recipe comes from their church cookbook. Those farmer's wives really know how to cook!

Sour Cream Noodle Bake
From Lutheran Cookbook

1 8-oz pkg noodles
1 lb. ground beef
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
¼ tsp garlic salt
1 cup tomato sauce
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Cook noodles according to directions on package and rinse in cold water. Brown ground beef with salt, pepper and garlic salt. Add tomato sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes. In a bowl, combine cottage cheese, sour cream and onions with drained noodles. In a casserole dish, starting with noodles, alternate with meat sauce, ending with meat sauce. Top with cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

I know my family would love this. Thank you! They don't care for casseroles that use the red and white cans.:rolleyes:

Awwwwwwwwwww! This is GREAT!!!

My grandmother (who was a self-admitted "uninterested and grudging" cook) used to make this. She called it "Glop", and made it with elbow mac - we LOVED it!

I could never find Nan's recipe for it after she died, and none of the recipes I've found online look as close as this one!

Thank you, Constance!

Lee

Last edited:
QSis said:
Awwwwwwwwwww! This is GREAT!!!

My grandmother (who was a self-admitted "uninterested and grudging" cook) used to make this. She called it "Glop", and made it with elbow mac - we LOVED it!

I could never find Nan's recipe for it after she died, and none of the recipes I've found online look as close as this one!

Thank you, Constance!

Lee

Well, I'm so glad I posted it, Lee. I do think this name is a little more appealing than "Glop". LOL!

Bug, you're right. Farm lady food is mighty fine eating.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom