Is Giada De Laurentiis drop dead gorgeous or what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's cute and although she can't help it but she always reminds me of a Bobble Doll. Her head is just out of proportion to her body...unless it is a fish eye lens or something.:mrgreen: I'm just jealous.

I think she's beautiful. And have you seen her mother? She's even more beautiful, in my opinion.
I have no objection to the way she dresses...she wears some beautiful tops. She is tiny, and I always said I never trusted a skinny cook, but in her case, I make an exception.
I suspect she does eat what she cooks, but she doesn't OVER eat.

Constance said:
I suspect she does eat what she cooks, but she doesn't OVER eat.

Exactly! Plus - she's Italian - how can she NOT eat!!!!

Also believe I saw a show of hers once that showed her with her trainer, working off all those calories!

Her mother is gorgeous!!! Mom definately looks like Giada's sister, not her mom.

i think rachael is much better looking. giada looks very strange.... with her waif twig body and her HUGE head, sometimes when she makes her little goofy expressions with her arms raised at her sides and showing all of her teeth i get a little nervous, as if she's going to attack me and put me in her dish.

lyndalou said:
We enjoy watching her,too. She doesn't have the best smile, in my (not so) humble opinion. As for the decolletage, well if you've got 'em flaunt 'em, I say. Rachel Ray has been getting a little risque ,as well.
I watch for recipes and techniques, my husband? Well....

Lyndalou
I actually love Giada's smile. But I dissagree about if you've got 'em flaunt 'em, I mean its a cooking show. And she always leans right over the food. Oh, and I was just rolling my eyes when I saw Rachel Ray in the bikini pics. Rachel Ray I'm becoming less and less fond of.

marmalady said:
Banana Brain said:
b) she didn't have to work her way to becoming a TV chef, they asked HER only because of her family name.quote]

That's so not true! If you watched her bio, she always loved working with food - went to culinary school - worked in restaurants - worked in catering - established her own successful home chef/catering business. My hat is off to a very tough woman who fought her way up just like the rest of us.
I did watch her bio, I think I might still have it on Tivo. Did you watch it all? You're right that she worked hard- to become a chef. She did not work hard at all to get her own cooking show. A producer (I think it was a producer) who knew of her grandfather saw her at a party and asked her to give it a chance. She didn't want to but she sent an audition tape in anyways because they really wanted her to, and they liked her and just like that she had a show. Then when they started filming she really sucked as a cooking show host and wasn't very pleasant to watch at all, but they stayed with her and she eventually got better. Although I believe she has passion for food and cooking, her celebrity status just fell right into her lap. No one else could have gotten that opportunity without being born with family connections. She was even offered a chance to become a movie star actress, and she could have taken it easily. She didn't even have to audition for her first movie role with no experience at all. Although she didn't accept the free-in acting lifestyle, she accepted this without having to struggle though Hollywood like a normal person. I'm not blaming her for taking it, I would in a heartbeat given the chance. Its just something about her thats not as respected to me as a celeb chef who had to work from nothing.

Banana Brain said:
marmalady said:
I did watch her bio, I think I might still have it on Tivo. Did you watch it all? You're right that she worked hard- to become a chef. She did not work hard at all to get her own cooking show. A producer (I think it was a producer) who knew of her grandfather saw her at a party and asked her to give it a chance. She didn't want to but she sent an audition tape in anyways because they really wanted her to, and they liked her and just like that she had a show. Then when they started filming she really sucked as a cooking show host and wasn't very pleasant to watch at all, but they stayed with her and she eventually got better. Although I believe she has passion for food and cooking, her celebrity status just fell right into her lap. No one else could have gotten that opportunity without being born with family connections. She was even offered a chance to become a movie star actress, and she could have taken it easily. She didn't even have to audition for her first movie role with no experience at all. Although she didn't accept the free-in acting lifestyle, she accepted this without having to struggle though Hollywood like a normal person. I'm not blaming her for taking it, I would in a heartbeat given the chance. Its just something about her thats not as respected to me as a celeb chef who had to work from nothing.

Whaddevah.

Banana Brain said:
she accepted this without having to struggle though Hollywood like a normal person.

i agree with marm. fugeddaboudit!

normal people struggling in hollywood?

bb, you need to sit down and have a cool drink...:)

(btw, espeakin' of hollywood, i haven't seen mish around.)

buckytom said:
i agree with marm. fugeddaboudit!

normal people struggling in hollywood?

bb, you need to sit down and have a cool drink...:)

(btw, espeakin' of hollywood, i haven't seen mish around.)
Yeah, the normies like you and I (unless your family is famous). I'm not going to get spotted at a party and offered a cooking show. Even if I become a pro chef I won't.

Giada's cute enough, I suppose, but her head is enormous. We call her by her Indian name, 'Little Big Head'. I hope this doesn't get my hand slapped. I mentioned something equally benign once about another FN star, and was hit from about six sides by the moderators - and it was someone I liked for the most part. I haven't voiced opinions on topics like this since. I didn't feel as though they approved of them.

BC

The food forum on the Food Network site and others became a place for trashing the FoodTV personalities. We don't want that to happen here so we keep a tight rein on that type of talk.

Remember the old saying our moms kept repeating, "If you can't say something nice..."

VeraBlue said:
The number of teeth in her mouth is frightening....:ermm:

Yeah. The human body has 32 teeth. If you don't have all of yours, or are accustomed to others who are missing some, I imagine a full set may be frightening.

thecactuswill said:
Yeah. The human body has 32 teeth. If you don't have all of yours, or are accustomed to others who are missing some, I imagine a full set may be frightening.

img_306552_0_8c13dc9adf5ceb72b0568425b458b87f.jpg

I love absolutely love Giada! I've met her twice during her book signings at Williams-Sonoma. There is nothing negative I can say about Giada. The first time I met her she was so gracious and kind. Oh yeah....both her cookbooks are awesome too.:chef:

I think we're all beautiful..........in our own way. Personally, I wouldn't want someone to point out my imperfections or their idea of imperfections I have. Sorry guys but I have to say, "If you can't say anything nice then you shouldn't say anything at all". Remember that could of been you on the other side of that camera if your life were different. This world is ugly enough without us making it uglier. Why not point out a positive in her. Her passion of food is contagious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom