REC - Slow Cooker Lasagna (TNT)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SierraCook

Master Chef
Here is the recipe for making lasagna in a crockpot that my mom gave me. The last couple of hours watch the lasagna closely, so it does not get overdone.

Slow Cooker Lasagna

¾ lb. ground Italian sausage
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, chopped (½ cup)
2 cans (15 oz. each) Italian-style tomato sauce
2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
½ teaspoon salt
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (12 oz.)
1 container (15 oz.) ricotta cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
12 uncooked lasagna noodles (12 oz.)

1. Cook sausage, garlic, and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Return to pan and stir in tomato sauce, basil and salt.
2. Mix 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese and the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses.
3. Spoon ¼ of the sausage mixture into 3 ½ to 5-quart slow cooker; top with four noodles, broken into pieces to fit. Top with half of the cheese mixture and ¼ of the sausage mixture.
4. Next layer of the four noodles, remaining cheese mixture and ¼ of the sausage mixture. Top with remaining four noodles and remaining sausage mixture.
5. Cover and cook on low heat setting 4-6 hours or until noodles are tender.
6. Sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining 1-cup mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into pieces.

Note: I have changed the cooking time to 4-6 hours, the original time was 6-8 hours. With my crockpot 5 hours was too long. The edges of the lasagna was slightly burnt. I guess my mom was right to closely watch this dish as it nears the end of the cooking time. I would definitely check it at 4 hours.

Last edited:
SC,
this will be great with my gang. It not only will save time, but allow me to play with the little guys more:LOL: Thanks to you and mom..

kadesma:)

This Slow Cooker Lasagna sound really good and so easy to put together. I think I will be trying this. :chef: What about clean-up? Do you spray the sides of the crock before adding the ingredients? (Just trying to save my husband some dishwashing work!!!):rolleyes:

Thanks!

Oh WOW! I can't wait to try this. If I'd seen it before I went to the store we'd be having this instead of steaks tonight. I'll save it for next weekend when hubby's of work! Thanks SC & your mom!:)

Wow thanks for the receipe. I never thought of cooking lasagna in a slow cooker before. I am excited to try it out. Thanks!

Judie said:
This Slow Cooker Lasagna sound really good and so easy to put together. I think I will be trying this. :chef: What about clean-up? Do you spray the sides of the crock before adding the ingredients? (Just trying to save my husband some dishwashing work!!!):rolleyes:

Thanks!

When making I dish like this most time I do spray the crockpot, so I probably did. It sure does make clean-up easier.

Thanks, SierraCook..... I'm all for making cleanup easier! I'll use a little spray of Pam or something and that should do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom