Dinner ideas for tonight, 8/14, anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I'm stuck in a fog and don't know what to do for dinner. I want to make my husband a home made cinnamon roll from scratch so I must get the dough started proofing soon. Other than that, hoping someone will post what they're having so I can copy. My mind is blank.
Thanks for helping and enjoy your day.

Susie

Lefs,
we're having pot roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, peas with mushrooms, biscuits with honey and butter, green salad and the rest of the caramel apple pie from yesterday. Hope some other ideas come along for you.

kadesma:)

We've just had ratatouille (loads of summer veggies) and spicy Italian sausages. Pretty healthy and leaves space for a heavy dessert! ;)

kadesma said:
Lefs,
we're having pot roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, peas with mushrooms, biscuits with honey and butter, green salad and the rest of the caramel apple pie from yesterday. Hope some other ideas come along for you.

kadesma:)

they don't need to anymore:cool: , I'm coming to your house,:ROFLMAO: you're not 'that' far from me you know?:huh: hahhahhh...........

I've just found the Ultimate cinnamon roll recipe, have the dough now rising for 2 hours. I took a turkey tenderloin out of the freezer and also see that I have spinach in the freezer. So, I'm thinkin spinach souffle with creamy sauce and pureed (sort of) who knows, with thin parmesan slabs in there and some nutmeg and butter of course, plus, now I'm looking for a pasta recipe where I can use some of my varieties of basil from the back yard. Shouldn't be hard to find. Greens with my little yellow miniature pear tomatoes and my home made 10,000,000 Island salad dressing that is (lucky for me) to die for. I love it when I goof good! I think that'll do it. Thanks for making me think!:mrgreen:

I made some bacon bits and grilled some onions
sliced some mushrooms and added it all to some canned tomatoes
parsley, oregano, salt, pepper and lots of garlic. I'll serve it over pasta.

I'm making chimichangas (beef), with some spicy rice with peas, and refried beans.

Last night, I did some blackened salmon with fresh great lakes salmon that my GM had caught. I still have some left, so I might grill the remainder tonight.

Probably a nice BLT sandwich, my tomatoes are starting to ripen fast so I'll be using them as often as possible. Basil is doing well also, now if only I had some fresh mozz.......

LEFSElover said:
turkey tenderloin ...spinach souffle with creamy sauce and pureed (sort of) who knows, with thin parmesan slabs in there and some nutmeg and butter of course, plus,
Sounds like you're out of the fog! :LOL:

Last night we did a low country boil of shrimp, sausage, new potatoes and corn. garlic bread on the side and Key Lime Pie for dessert. Haven't done that since about two summers ago... all enjoyed it very much, and it really involves very little effort.

I'm on vacation....I think I'll have rum tonight. Sorry to not be of more assistance. You're more than welcome to assist us in the rum, however:angel:

How about some Mai Tai's, Vera? I'll bring finger foods...I like skewers with ham, cheese, pineapple and olives with a drink like that.

I made some really good homemade salsa the other night, which inspired Kim to buy stuff for tacos. So tonight, tacos it is.

We've got to take the last load from the garage to storage. Then I think it's home for a salad topped with sliced grilled steak and blue cheese dressing, some sourdough bread, and maybe some lovely melon. :)

Well, I made the salmon. It's good. Different, but good. PeppA isn't to thrilled with it, but she did eat three pieces. The oldest boy, Stephen, wants more, but he has to finish his sides first.

I did adulterate it a little bit. I had to put some Bullseye on my fish.

LEFSElover said:
they don't need to anymore:cool: , I'm coming to your house,:ROFLMAO: you're not 'that' far from me you know?:huh: hahhahhh...........

I've just found the Ultimate cinnamon roll recipe, have the dough now rising for 2 hours. I took a turkey tenderloin out of the freezer and also see that I have spinach in the freezer. So, I'm thinkin spinach souffle with creamy sauce and pureed (sort of) who knows, with thin parmesan slabs in there and some nutmeg and butter of course, plus, now I'm looking for a pasta recipe where I can use some of my varieties of basil from the back yard. Shouldn't be hard to find. Greens with my little yellow miniature pear tomatoes and my home made 10,000,000 Island salad dressing that is (lucky for me) to die for. I love it when I goof good! I think that'll do it. Thanks for making me think!:mrgreen:
I'll set out a plate, the front door is open and waiting:LOL:

kadesma

Tonight I made a batch of one of my favorite light (& super quick) Italian soups - Stracciatella - which is basically a sort of Italian Eggdrop soup with spinach. To make it a more substantial supper, I cooked some spinach/parmesan ravioli separately & added them to the soup before serving.

SharonT said:
Sounds like you're out of the fog! :LOL:

Last night we did a low country boil of shrimp, sausage, new potatoes and corn. garlic bread on the side and Key Lime Pie for dessert. Haven't done that since about two summers ago... all enjoyed it very much, and it really involves very little effort.

I had this for this first time a couple of weeks ago. It was so good I could have ate the whole pot. One of the firefighters that I was working with made it for the whole station. I love recipe that just requires you to dump all the ingredients in a big pot.

For dinner I had tacos with guacamole.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom