Check out my new coffee table!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kyles

Head Chef
Last week we possessed the world's ugliest coffee table. It was big, brown and horrible. Scratched, dented, beaten up, stained, not nice at all. So sanded down with my new electric sander (which blew up!) then by hand, then attacked with all manner of paints, varnishes and what have you, hey presto, a pretty table!

Attachments

• table.jpg
    table.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 215
  • undertable.jpg
    undertable.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 201
  • tabletop.jpg
    tabletop.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 212
I want to crackle a bookcase that we have. Was it hard to do? Did you buy the kit or use the elmer's glue like Trading Spaces does?

Your table looks so cute! This has me fired up again.:LOL:

The cleverest thing Colin did was stay out of the way!!! Hahaha!! He doesn't do decorating!!!

I used normal acrylic paint under and over a layer of "paint effects crackle medium". I normally use Jo Sonja on small projects, but couldn't find that here, and I used what I could find in my local hardware store, and it's great!

Good job kyles!!!! I want to paint my bedroom furniture - I just need to do it and quit thinking about it!!!!!!

Kyles,
Your table looks beautiful..I re-did our bedroom set about 10 years ago, it was hard work, but we loved the way it turned out. An added plus was that feeling of I did this:) Nice job Kyles.

kadesma

It would have been interesting to see a Before & After (next time you have a project).

Like others, I think you did a good job... particularly on the crackle surface. I also like your choice of colors. Personally, however, I might not have used the purple on the slats between the legs... I might have just gone with the red color there... but that's just me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom