Dinner August 18?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
David and I will get dinner on the road on the way to Oregon...

I have a feeling he'll pick either Burgerking or Subway.

I have 2# of shrimp and don't know what I'm going to do with them yet. I'm heading to 'search' and find something yummy.

I'm thinking about Paula Deen's Shrimp and Spaghetti casserole.

I've never seen a recipe of Paula's that didn't sound delish! I'm sure your dinner will be WONDERFUL!

corazon90 said:
I have a bunch of mushrooms. What can I make?

How about some mushroom soup??

5 tablespoons unsalted butter
2.5 cups chopped onions
1.5 pound fresh mushrooms,
sliced
2 teaspoons dried dill weed
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
ground black pepper to taste
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup sour cream

Melt the butter in a Pan . Saute the onions in the butter for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and saute for 5 more minutes. Stir in the dill, paprika, soy sauce and broth. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.

In another bowl, mix the milk and flour together. Pour this into the soup and stir well to blend. Cover and simmer for 20 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the salt, ground black pepper, lemon juice, parsley and sour cream. Mix together and allow to heat through over low heat, about 3 to 5 minutes. Do not boil.:):)

I'm new here, but thought I'd join in. Tonight for dinner I am making yaki mando and some chicken fried rice. I'll also have some white rice and some dried seaweed for the kids because they love it that way. My kids are old enough to help me make the yaki mando's, so we get quite an assembly line going and it doesn't take quite so long.

And that's what we're having tonight. :chef:

We're going to friends for dinner tonight and I believe I heard chicken enchilada casserole was on the menu. I think I will whip up some kind of appetizer to take along, but I'm not sure what I will do yet.

I guess... most of us are dinning out tonight. Are we getting tired of the kitchen??

Half Baked said:
I have 2# of shrimp and don't know what I'm going to do with them yet. I'm heading to 'search' and find something yummy.

I'm thinking about Paula Deen's Shrimp and Spaghetti casserole.
Jan,
Paula, makes a shrimp that is wonderful, if you like pepper..We have it often and just either put it over rice, or make a big green salad and get some nice fresh Italian or french bread and just have the shrimp and dunk the bread in the butter wine and shrimp sauce ..Right now I'm trying to type to you and keep Carson from turning off the computer:LOL: I do think the recipe is on food net work or can be found in her cookbook..

kadesma:)

Hi Ho Hi Ho Its Off To Work I Go.........:whistling :whistling :whistling :whistling

So needless to say...........Its Friday...........DH's Payday..........and I have to work at 7pm..........Definetely a night to eat out.

Chinese sounds really good.....we haven't had that in a long time.

Back
Top Bottom