Pot Luck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karen21

Assistant Cook
I am constantly invited to pot luck functions and was wondering if members would mind sharing their favourite pot luck dish. I am running out of ideas and tired of bringing the same ones.

Thanks
Karen21

Welcome to DC, Karen! :)

Can you tell us some of the foods you have taken in the past?

But maybe everyone looks forward to your bringing your old favorites! Our now exDIL was mandated to bring her sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving--not another thing would do.
Yes, what have you been bringing?

Here's an idea that my old customers really liked -

* Exported from MasterCook *
CRAB/CHICKEN & SPINACH CASSEROLE FOR 24

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
12 cups Pasta -- gemelli(twist pasta), uncooked
10 ounces leek soup, packet -- (6 packets)
12 cups milk
1 1/2 pounds crabmeat -- chunks, imitation, or use cooked chicken
10 cups spinach leaves -- baby, stems removed
1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese -- freshly grated

Heat oven to 350.
spray chafing dish.
Cook & drain pasta

While pasta is cooking, mix soup mix & milk in a large pan, Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.

Cut up larger pcs. of crab (of chicken) if desired.
Mix pasta, meat, spinach in baking dish.

Pour soup mixture over pasta; stir gently to mix.
Spread evenly. Sprinkle w/cheese

Bake uncovered till bubbly & light golden brown.

a pot of chili or a chicken pot pie with a simple buscuit crust are easy to make and always welcome. In the summer a salad and 7 layer dip and tortilla chips goes well too.

other easy items: a chicken and wild rice casserole using the rice mix and a rotisserie chicken
chicken noodle green bean...basic green bean casserole with chicken cut up (again use a rotisserie chicken if you like)

Bringing Pot Luck Dishes To Friends Gatherings

A friend of mine has a lot of dinners at her house. I found that one of my favorites was a large empty bread filled with a spinach dip. She also made a cover for the bread with a bread handle on it. She made 2 and I have never seen so many people enjoying this dish.

I will try to contact Sandy and ask for her friend's number. I would love the receipe for myself and I will also share it with DC.

Back
Top Bottom