Shady Brook Farms Marinated Turkey Strips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BreezyCooking

Washing Up
I posted this over on the "Sunday Night Dinner" thread over on the "Today's Menu" forum, but thought you poultry-lovers might enjoy the review as well.

Last night I tried something new, & it was really quite delicious.

Although I'm not normally a fan of processed food, I picked up a package of Shady Brook Farms marinated turkey strips on sale. Bought the "Chipotle Citrus" flavor. Sauteed up some red bell pepper, mildly hot banana pepper, & Vidalia onion; shredded some lettuce, cilantro, & sharp cheddar cheese; warmed up some whole-wheat flour tortillas; then sauteed up the marinated turkey strips. We then each made our own whatever-you-want-to-call-them - fajitas, soft tacos, burritos - you get the idea.

I'll definitely be buying these again. We each had 4 LARGE tortilla/wraps/whatever apiece, with some leftover for my lunch today, & the amount easily could have been stretched to make double that. The turkey strips were smoky/spicy without being overwhelming, & best of all - not salty AT ALL - which is something I always find unpleasant the few times I use processed or preprepared products.

Shady Brook also has these marinated turkey strips in a "Mild Herb" flavor. I'll be trying those next!!! Think they might make a terrific pseudo "Cheese-Steak Sandwich", or a great addition to a main course salad.

Oh, & the cost was a "whopping" $2.94. It would have cost me a lot more to buy turkey cutlets, cut them into strips, & marinate them myself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom