My first try at BBQ ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vagriller

Head Chef
On Friday I made steaks and ribs on the grill. I used a dry rub on the ribs and finished them with Bullseye BBQ sauce. They were good, but maybe a little too salty. I didn't realize how powerful the rub would be after slow cooking them for so long! Overall not a bad first stab though.

pdswife said:
I'm sure they were great and next time they'll be even better!!!

Yeah, less salt and more brown sugar! My MIL only had one because she doesn't like food with a lot of spice. My FIL was chowing down on them though.

With cuts like ribs where the surface is larger than the mass you would go lighter with the rub. Pork butts or brisket with a larger mass can handle more rub.
Jim

jminion said:
With cuts like ribs where the surface is larger than the mass you would go lighter with the rub. Pork butts or brisket with a larger mass can handle more rub.
Jim

Good tip. That makes sense!

There has been a lot of chatter about ribs and rubs over the course of the last few months, but I have yet to read any references to BRITU.

BRITU= Best Ribs in the Universe... those wishing an education on ribs will do well to studey BRITU over at the Weber site...just google it up... enjoy.

OBTW he recommends a very light hand on the rub for ribs... just like jminion said.

Back
Top Bottom