I'm full of beans, or at least my friends are

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
It isn't a big name cooking contest, but I won the baked bean cookoff at out Church. I smoked a pork-butt with apple wood while cooking the beans until soft. I used a combination of navy, great northern, and black beans. To the beans I added a freshly chopped onion, brown sugar, yellow mustard, mollases, salt, and chili powder, putting abit of each in at a time, simmering for a while, then correcting. When the pok was so very juicy with a great smoke ring (a few hours as it was only a 2 lb butt), I took it off of the Webber and cubed it. I then added it to the beans and allowed the whole thing to slow cook overnight and until 1:00 p.m. the next day. I corrected the seasoning and sugar/mollases mixure one more time, with just a little more chili powder. Nobody else really had a chance. I mean, who's put in as much time and use top quality ingredients as I did for a church bean cookoff that was a side theme to our anual corn roast.

I won a $25.00 Wal-Mart gift certificate that bought me a three-piece set of vice-grips and a crecesnt wrench. My freinds were happy (got rave reviews), my toolbox is happy, and we all had a great time. It was a good day on Saturday.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Man. I gotta start proofreading my posts. My first drafts are horrible. There were ommited words, mistyped words, etc. I must be getting old.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

vagriller said:
Congrats Goodweed! Those vise grips will come in handy the next time you make a pot of beans, eh?:ROFLMAO:

I'll use 'em to squish the individual beans for refried beans!:rolleyes: Who needs tender beans when you got vise-grips?:ROFLMAO: And they would be great for holding my pressure cooker together should the seals ever fail.:LOL:

They also duplicate the action of chopsticks when eating at a Chinese restaurant.:wacko: You have to be careful though, cause if you bang 'em on your teeth, it can change your smile.:ohmy: :doh:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

sounds awesome...love beans...and yours sound really fine...probably weren't much leftovers, eh?

Goodweed of the North said:
Man. I gotta start proofreading my posts. My first drafts are horrible. There were ommited words, mistyped words, etc. I must be getting old.

Hmm, omitted words, would that be part of your recipe? (secret):LOL: Sounds really great to me. I love baked beans.

You know what, these sound so good that I bet if you took some down to the lake, the ladies at the hot tub would come over and join you. And they might not be getting in to the hot tub for a few hours afterwards, so you could enjoy their company on your side of the fence for a bit. And kids always like beans, so you could make it a family affair.

Get the security guys over as well and you might have won the battle. And the dogs will mop up any leftovers, no trouble. Probably do such a good job, in fact, that the washing up will be a cinch.

Snoop Puss said:
You know what, these sound so good that I bet if you took some down to the lake, the ladies at the hot tub would come over and join you. And they might not be getting in to the hot tub for a few hours afterwards, so you could enjoy their company on your side of the fence for a bit. And kids always like beans, so you could make it a family affair.

Get the security guys over as well and you might have won the battle. And the dogs will mop up any leftovers, no trouble. Probably do such a good job, in fact, that the washing up will be a cinch.

Great idea. I'm gonna try it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom