What kids did.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoAnn L.

Master Chef
As soon as school got out for the summer , we would play school for a few days, then got tired of that.
We played a lot of hop scotch, ring around the rosie, hide and seek, jump rope, kick the can and jacks.
When we went to a friends house we would just stand outside and yell their names to come out and play. (no phones)
Once and a while mom would give us money to walk downtown to see a movie.
In those days there was still the scare of polio.So on hot summer days you had to stay in your own yard. And I mean hot days, we didn't have any air conditioners or even a fan. In the bedroom we had a small window screen. Remember hearing the mosquitoes that got in while you were trying to sleep?
I wonder what memories the kids of today will have? Theirs will be quite different from mine.:question:

1. They will remember the horrors of losing their remote.
2. They will relate how their cell phones couldn't get a signal in a metal building.
3. They will mention how CD's would get fingerprints on them and then not play well...

That's my three....let's see what some others can add! This is fun JoAnn!

4. They will remember a time when people used maps and asked directions instead of using satellite navigation and global positioning.

5. They will remember a time when cell phones were as big as a deck of cards (if they even remember what cards are) and that you actually had to hold them up to your ear using your hand!

6. They will remember a time when TVs had height, width AND depth!

1. arranged play dates
2. being enrolled in all sorts of sport activities that involve a parent driving them someplace....instead of just playing ball with the kids on the street.
3. bottled water
4. instant messaging
5. call waiting
6. caller ID
7. atm machines instead of banks
8. juice boxes
9. snow boarding as an olympic sport
10. the war on drugs
11. the war on terrorism
12. safe sex
13. aids and the triple cocktail
14. reality television