My Poor Disney...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

middie

Chef Extraordinaire
My time with my beloved 13 year old cat Disney will be coming to an end tomorrow. Out of the clear blue sky she can't seem to walk anymore. When
she tries to she just drags her hind legs behind her. I don't want her to suffer
but at the same time I really don't want to lose her either :cry: .
This has been a very bad year for me.

That's awful. Have you had her diagnosed by a vet? Our cat Toonces had something similar just after she became diabetic. She started dragging both her legs behind her.
We were told it was a case of neuropathy (sp?) ....and slowly but surely she recovered completely and is as spry as a 14 year old 20 pound cat can be now. Fingers are crossed for you.

I;ll be thinking of you Middie..My prayers for you and your kitty.I know just how hard this is.

kadesma

Middie, I'm so sorry your cat is suffering. Definately have Disney checked out by a vet before you think about having him/her put to sleep. It could be anything, and something simple to fix.

Oh Middie, I am so very sorry. I hope when you get to the vet, he'll be able to help Disney.

But, you will have to do what's best for Disney and it can be so painful at times.

Middie, it's the most difficult thing that I've ever had to do. My heart breaks for you.

But, as my vet told me, your cat will let you know when it's time - there will be no doubt in your mind that when you know "it's time", you have done the right thing.

After the fact, a new kitten helps to ease the pain.

Lee

I'm so sorry. I love animals, and I know how hard it is to lose a pet. I've lost five pets over the years (if you don't count goldfish). Its heartbreaking to see them suffer I know. But have you considered having the back legs amputated after she gets checked out if they decide they're unfixable? I know several two and three legged animals that still live long pretty good lives with a dissability. And like everyone is saying, definatly make sure there are no other options first, because you never know.
And by the way, Disney is an adorable name for a cat.

((((Middie)))):heart:

Trust me, I feel your sorrow right up there with you at this moment... but keep in mind, Disney is now crossing the rainbow bridge, to an eternally beautiful place, where she can run around freely again, and will meet another new arrival there, my dear Napoleone, my beloved hamster... maybe not in this world, but over there, I am sure they can be very good friends...
She will be watching over you from there, too... so don't let your smile disappear. She would like to see that on your face.:)

Middie
The very same thing happened to our healthy, happy cat, who was 12. I watched her come up the garden dragging her back legs behind her. Took her to the vet who said it was arthritis, and gave her anti inflammatory injections/steroids - and she now has long-term painkilling injections every two months... she walks with a kind of 'hobble' gait, but the vet says she is not in pain - so..... she lives to fight another day - it has now been about 18 months, and she has adapted well to not being quite so active. And the bird population in our gardens all heaved a mighty sigh of relief at her inability to run and catch them :)

I really hope that something can be done for your cat.

Oh middie, this is so sad........i will be thinking of you today......come join us at the tub when you feel like it and we can help you talk about it...

Back
Top Bottom