Does anyone download podcasts of tv shows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennyema

Chef Extraordinaire
If so, do you have any idea of how large the file is?

We are thinking of giving Ipods as business gifts, but want to make sure they have the capacity to load and store podcasts of hour-long tv shows.

Any help much appreciated.

As far as I know, the only Ipods that can do video are the 30 and 60 gig which are large enough to handle multiple hour long shows.

I was thinking more of just the audio part, like a book on tape.

Since I have never done this myself (can ya tell?:-p ), I just assumed that podcasts of things like "Meet The Press" and "Anderson Cooper 360" etc. (ie, boring adult stuff) would be available in audio only.

Files like that would be very small. I am not 100% sure, but I think they are even smaller than music files, so how ever many hours of music the ipod can hold you can assume it will hold at least that much for a podcast. Any ipod would be able to hold more than an hours worth.

One thing you might want to check out though Jenny...The shuffle is designed to play things in random order. I am assuming that holds true for the podcasts as well. As long as that is not an issue then that would be a very nice gift.

GB said:
One thing you might want to check out though Jenny...The shuffle is designed to play things in random order.

Woops. Good point. I have one actually (so you'd think I'd know this stuff) and I think you can play them in either exact order of loading or random -- mine is always random. BUT you can't select a file or see what is playing on a screen.

Hmmmmmmmm...... my boss seems set on it, though. We shall see.

If I got one as a gift I would be more than happy. I think it is a very nice thing to give.

Back
Top Bottom