Long Island Iced Tea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goboenomo

Head Chef
I tried one of these for the first time about a week ago
I didnt have any of the lime stuff you are supposed to put in it
So I used a concentrated lemon thing.
heheh
But It was very good
I'm hoping to have it again sometime soon

I have never had one myself, despite the ridiculous amount of alcohol I've consumed. I try to stay away from the liquor tho, its bad for my health :rolleyes:

Hmm I dunno about that one. Per ounce of ethyl you get, the cheap liquors cost far less than anything you could get in a beer can. But beer definately cost less in the long run, and you don't find yourself passed out flat on your face all the time :wacko:

no
i just drink a couple till i have a little buzz
i only get drunk on new years
its been my tradition since i was 14

Yeah, if you're someone whos in control. I see you're in canada, I could go for some molson XXX rite now...

This was the first drink I ever ordered in a bar. I was 17, it was 1979..and I had no idea what to order. I drank 4 of them in 55 minutes. (I had an early curfew).

It's now 2006....and I actually had a long island iced tea for the second time in my life just 4 months ago!

It took me that many years to get over the memories of the flying carpet that my bed became that night back in 1976..:LOL:

I love a good long Island...with the addition of blue Curacao, you have a Blue Motorcycle...a little more vodka, a Volley ball. I like those too.

Hey, didn't I just read that you are 17????

You better watch out...It took me 27 years before I could drink another one of those!

Actually I'm 18 today!

Why did it take you so long?
I'll probably have one next time I feel like drinking.

oh? i didnt know that
i just used this premixed mix
it said just add 1 1/2 oz of it and 2 oz of lime stuff
and fill with coke

sit down son, I'm gonna tell you a story....

goboenomo said:
Actually I'm 18 today!

Why did it take you so long?
I'll probably have one next time I feel like drinking.

First, happy birthday, I hope you have many many more.

Now, for the story..

I was 17 in 1979 and my date (he was 19) wanted to take me to a local bar. I'd never been to a bar and didn't know what to order. I recall my friends mentioning LIIT, and figured it was a safe bet to order it. It was 11pm, and I had a midnight curfew. I drank 4 LIIT in 55 minutes. :sick::wacko::sick:. My date drove me home ( I lived close to the bar) and I made it past my father, who was waiting up for me. He was watching some old movie or wrestling or something... I got to my bedroom just in time because the room started spinning and my bed took off like a magic carpet.

I rememberd a friend from high school telling me if I ever got drunk and had to puke, not to do it in the bathroom because my mother would hear and come to help...and smell the booze. She suggested I puke out the window in the event of an emergency. I was certain this was an emergency.:(

Let me back up a moment...after my boyfriend dropped me off, he returned to the bar for about an hour, waiting for the coast to clear. See, we had a habit of he driving me home, my parents going to bed, the house getting quiet, and then he'd return and climb in my bedroom window for a night of debauchery:brows:. Since the house was all one level, this was easy as pie. He did, however, remove his heavy Frye boots, since he didn't want to make any noise kicking the side of the house as he hoisted himself up onto the window ledge, nor did he want to leave telltale scuff marks on the siding.

Can you see where I'm going with this?? I'm hanging onto a floating bedroom window for dear life puking out into the lawn...the very window that prince charming is about to climb into, shortly.

I never heard him come in. I'd passed out in a small and feable ball at the end of my bed, surrounded by all the posters and cutesy things any 17 year old girl would have in her room. He managed to wake me easily enough with one question on his lips..."did you father water the lawn last night?"

I don't recall if there ever was any debauchery :brows: that night or not. I could ask the guy..see I married him about 4 years later! (we don't actually live together any longer, but that's not sad, we're both very close and very happy). We both still laugh about that night. My parents laugh about it now, too. It took a while, but they laugh. In the future, I'll consider where I take my advice from, considering the girl who gave me the puke out the window advice never made it to high school graduation because she was pregnant enough for it to be showing, and the nuns didn't think it would look good as she walked in her cap and gown.

So, son, there you have it. A long, but very true story. That is why it's taken me so long to have another LIIT.
I used to drink Southern Comfort right out of the bottle back then, too. I still haven't had any of that, since those days. I still have a hard time looking at the label:sick:

So again, happy birthday to you, have fun and be safe.

Back
Top Bottom