Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Cook's Tools (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f88/)
-   -   Juicer questions (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f88/juicer-questions-25865.html)

silvercliff_46 08-23-2006 09:12 AM

Juicer questions

jjohns thread started me thinking about this.

I bought a juicer years ago, which I still have. I think I used it once or twice. Does anyone use theirs on a regular basis, and other then health drinks what do you do with it???????:huh:

ChefJune 08-23-2006 09:14 AM

I make vegetable and fruit juices that I use as components in some of my dishes.

silvercliff_46 08-23-2006 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChefJune
I make vegetable and fruit juices that I use as components in some of my dishes.

I am sure they would make some fine components, but I don't have any recipes that use them and for some reason (maybe Old timers disease) I can't think of a way to incorporate them:ermm: :sad: especially veggie juice.

Half Baked 08-23-2006 10:32 AM

I use mine for morning drinks and pick me ups during the day. I love it.

Jack LaLanne has recipes for the leftover fiber, in his book and I think the muffins and breads would be so healthy. I guess those would have too many carbs for you though.

And like June wrote:
"I make vegetable and fruit juices that I use as components in some of my dishes."

Beware, carrots stain badly.

Half Baked 08-23-2006 10:33 AM

I use a mix of the veggie juices for soups and gravies, Dennis.

Mark J 12-30-2006 09:56 PM

My wife and I have been thinking about buying a juicer as we can not find a decent juice in the store that is not filled with sugar, corn syrup, or worse, a sugar substitute. Neither of us knows squat about juicers. What features should be be looking for? What features are useless bells and whistles? Any information or suggestions about juicers is greatly appreciated.

Take care,

Mark J.

Half Baked 12-30-2006 10:01 PM

Mark J, I really love my Jack LaLanne. I'm sure others will have suggestions but mine works great and I think it cost less than $100.

When I use it faithfully, I really feel great!

StirBlue 12-30-2006 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark J
My wife and I have been thinking about buying a juicer as we can not find a decent juice in the store that is not filled with sugar, corn syrup, or worse, a sugar substitute. Neither of us knows squat about juicers. What features should be be looking for? What features are useless bells and whistles? Any information or suggestions about juicers is greatly appreciated.

Take care,

Mark J.

Make silvercliff_46 a good offer. :lol:

YT2095 12-31-2006 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvercliff_46
I bought a juicer years ago, which I still have. I think I used it once or twice. Does anyone use theirs on a regular basis, and other then health drinks what do you do with it???????:huh:

I think I have you beat there dude :chef:

we bought one 6 years ago, took it out the box to make sure it was all there, put it Back in the box and it`s stayed there ever since:rolleyes:

it`s a classic case of your Eyes being bigger than your Countertop:lol:
I blame the wife entirely tho:cool: she saw this thing on QVC, and to be honest it did look good! never once considering Where we`re going to put it when it arrives.

Candocook 12-31-2006 05:32 AM

I have only really had juice from one once and it was awesome, but it took a MOUNTAIN of fresh fruit--not cheap!
Costco or Sam's has had one for around $50 in the past which we got for DD.
And there is this nutritional thing that says it is better to eat a whole orange than drink a glass of OJ because of the calories/fiber/nutrition benefits.