ISO Tackimi sauce (cucumber & yogurt sauce)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Home chef

Senior Cook
Sorry for the terrible spelling of this sauce.

I need a TNT recipe for this cucumber sauce. I'm making lamb on Friday and want to offer it as a change of pace. Normally I would make a mint sauce but since it's summer I thought a cool creamy sauce would be more appropriate. All I know is it has cucumber, yogurt, and onions. I don't know what ratios or other herbs / spices to add.

Do you think you might mean Tzatziki? A Greek yoghurt, cucumber mix - often with onion and dill?

Tsatziki
2 cups plain yogurt (drained over night)
1 cup seeded and peeled cucumber, shredded or chopped fine ( I like the chunks)
1 clove garlic ( I always add extra but, it’s up to you)
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon fresh dill or mint ( I use dill)
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Just mix it all together and you’re done.
Easy as pie!
Enjoy.

Thanks PDS. I really appreciate it. I really think the Tsatziki will be a better sauce for summer time. I'd still also offer a mint sauce as well.

As for sides I'm thinking about roasted veggies and pan fried corn with butter, garlic, and a hint of sharp cheddar cheese. Also, I'll be serving a cold Greek pasta salad.

Any other bright ideas???

How will you be cooking the lamb? Potatoes roasted in the lamb drippings are pretty dang delish!

I have 2 cuts. I have a 6 pound leg (upper half) that I plan on removing the bone, adding garlic, salt & pepper, and rosemary, tying up and turning on the rotisserie in the grill and maybe adding some wood chips for some smoke. The other cut is a 4 pound blade roast that I planned on dressing nearly the same way but pan roasting in my new outdoor oven.

I did plan on catching the drippings and using them to help roast the veggies. Nothing better than lamb fat. Yum!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom