Have you seen The World Trade Center?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I havent seen it yet, though I do love Nicholas Cage, he's good in most movies he does. I think it was suppose to portray two fire fighters experiences right?

We found out last night that the one rescuer, MArine Sergeant Thomas, the skinnier white guy, is actually black. Thomas went home right after it all happened and stayed to himself. Never made a big deal out of it at all and finally came out and talked to people after the movie came out. He said that he hasn't seen it, but, probably won't because it is still painful to him. They talked to him when he came down to see ground zero, the first time since 9/11. He is still very emotional about it. Noone could tell the producers or anyone about him. I guess the military is under strict rules about letting out personal information.
I do want to see it though.

Documentary

We saw a documentary on the whole thing the other night. It was on some station called of all thing Court TV. It had the victims relatives on there trying to get some kind of commission to have it investigated. Showed actual footage of everything. About Bush, Chaney, Condelezza Rice, the head of the Homeland Security, the main people of the airlines. Forgive me for not remembering all their names. Saw footage of people jumping out of the buildings, how two men who survived because they helped each other! This is something that is being released on a DVD August 22. It was just like going behind the whole attack and knowing what happened. They do fault Bush and his administration. It really wasn't something that gave the president a positive feeling. I hope you will all get to see this. I have heard that something will be shown on tv September 10.

The one father of one of the firefighters said that the general public seem so compliant of the whole event. That no one seemed to want to get involved to write their senators and congressmen about restrictions being more rigid. They all lost their loved ones. One mother commented that her daughter would have made this world a better place. It was very moving to all of us and hope and pray that this does not happen anywhere else.

This was only their opinion about the present administration. No way am I trying to convince someone how to feel about them. You alone are the one who has to live w/your choice. We all have to try to do our best.

ChefJune said:
I was there. I see the hole and the construction every day. I have no interest in seeing the movie.:(

I can relate to that. I worked 23 years as a Nurse in a State Hospital for the mentally ill. I hate to see that building even almost 10 years since I retired. Lots of horrible things went on there that I saw first hand. It is now closed and I wish they would hurry up and tear it down. I suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and still have horrible nightmares about my job there.

Back
Top Bottom