ISO: Creamy Asian Dressing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candelbc

Senior Cook
I had a meal at a restaurant recently (Not sure if it's local or not), and I had a great salad with a Cream Styled Asian Dressing.

I was wondering if anyone has seen this commercially at the Grocery store, or have made something similar.

It was very light, but definitely had a taste of ginger. It's been too long, and I had too much to drink to actually determine what it was made of.. :LOL:

Any ideas?

-Brad

ginger peanut dressing? there are several good asian ginger peanut sauces on the market. Some are quite spicy.

it may have been a version of Riata?
there is no real hard and fast rule in its composition, although the creamy base is a live Yogurt, a bit like Greek yogurt.

Try this dressing. I got it off the Net a few months ago and it is lovely. I do replace the ground ginger with grated fresh however, and make it up to 2 teaspoons.

3 Med Garlic Cloves
6Tbsps Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1 tsp Ground Ginger
3/4 tsp Hot Red Pepper Flakes
2 Tbsps Mayo
1/4 Cup Vegetable oil

Mis first 7 ingredients in a glass bowl or jug. Whisk in mayo until smooth then whisk in oil slowly, until dressing emulsifies.
Store in a glass jar, with lid, in refrigerator.:chef:

Rikki (I think that's the name)has a creamy Asian ceasar that tastes exactly like the dressing they use at the Japanese sushi house. I get mine from Costco and LOVE it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom