Dinner Tonight, it's Wednesday 8/30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
In Vegas now, and since plans changed the other day when I was prepared to make MicheleMarie's "'ground beef in biscuits'" delight, I had to make a drive instead. Tonight, at our DD's house in Vegas, while she's preparing for baby #2, I will make those yummy sounding configurations. I'll let you know how they turn out. I fully plan on making the broccoli salad recipe that I posted in here before, only instead, I think I'll make it with cauliflower instead of the broccoli. << Maybe I'll go out on a limb and do both:wacko: . Just call me an adventurous foool!:punk: :clap:

Last edited:
i am cooking

going to stuff some tenderized chicken breast not sure with what
rice for the side dish and some vegi

nothing to exciting really don't want to go to the store again
tonight but i probably will have to

a Salsa verdi with Gammon steaks and small Bratwurst sausages, and avocado slices done in salt and lime juice.

no carbs in this one, we couldn`t decide on any :)

I've got some pork ribs marinading in bbq sauce and will be grilling those later. Not sure what sides to make yet.

I thawed some boneless, skinless chicken thighs this morning and I have some pesto already - so I will probably make some risotto (lemon/parmesan/spring onion/shallots) to go with it. I've got some red, orange, and yellow peppers, amybe I'll just roast those and toss with olive oil, garlic, some of my chardonnay smoked finishing salt and ground black pepper for a vegetable.

I am making southwest grilled chicken salad and possibly cookies or brownies, I feel the need for something sweet.

so far, I've had 8 almonds. I didn't even have to open the fridge door to get them either, Bucky!

Kitchenelf, sounds fantastic! LEFSElover, hope you like the bbq cups! For tonight, I started marinating some boneless pork chops that I will throw on the grill along with some yellow squash. I also am cheating and making wild mushroom basmati and wild rice from the box.

rickell said:
going to stuff some tenderized chicken breast not sure with what
rice for the side dish and some vegi

nothing to exciting really don't want to go to the store again
tonight but i probably will have to

well tell us what you have in your pantry or frig and maybe we can help you.......it's worth a try.........:wacko:

I have a flank steak in the refrigerator that's been soaking up a Chinese-style marinade since yesterday afternoon -- I think I posted the recipe, it's called Hong Kong Flank Steak. It will go on the grill and be served with sticky rice and Thai green beans. Not sure about the wine yet.

Rickell, if I were you, I'd do a Rice-a-Roni or Uncle Ben's, and add some broccoli or peas, diced sweet red pepper and a drained can of mushrooms to cook along with it.
Or you could use regular rice, cook it with chicken broth and a garlic herb seasoning or a packet of dry onion soup mix, and add the vegies as above.
Of course you could use any combination of vegetables.

Then you could lay your finished chicken breasts on top of the rice to serve.

I found some bread fish fillets in the freezer...they're nice thick ones, real fish and not that compressed stuff. We'll have fish sandwiches tonight.
I'm also cooking up a big mess of cabbage and smoked sausage. Kim won't touch it...thus the fish sandwiches.

Last edited:
I am going to try AriesGirl's cubed beef casserole. I am a bit short on cash and the temperature is finally nice enough to turn on the oven for a while, so this dish fit the bill for tonight.

Clean out the fridge, leftover night.
So far, nachos from the leftover taco fixins from the other night and some sort of frittata with the leftover pesto angle hair pasta and some nice garden ripe tomatoes, more fresh basil, mushrooms and mozz cheese. (wish I had some parmesan )

Tilapia - not sure what I am doing to it.. probably something light.
Made Peach pie, mini apple pies and I have chocolate chip cookies in the oven...
Any suggestions for Tilapia - I have done the lemon/pepper thing. I like sweet so I also do a honey and soy sauce thing..I have done the alfredo sauce (two different kinds).. Open to ideas.

Hi CookieL,
I found a recipe the other day on google for tilapia that I subbed striped bass for and it worked out great.
I don't have the recipe in front of me, but basically you just lightly oil a baking pan, season your fillets with salt and pepper and spread a layer of pesto over the fillets. Then top the pesto with slices of tomato seasoned with your choice of herbs and spices. I just used oregano and salt & pepper, then topped the tomato slices with mozzarella cheese. As my fillets were fairly thin, I baked them for about 12 mins total. They were great.

Chicken breasts... not sure how I'm going to cook them thought. It's almost 4:00pm, I'd better decide.

And

We have some left overs that have to be used up so it'll be something old and something new.

JohnL said:
Hi CookieL,
I found a recipe the other day on google for tilapia that I subbed striped bass for and it worked out great.]

Thanks john. That sounds good.. Not to big on pesto but I am sure I can skip that... and with fresh tomato...hmm. Well I decided to spray it with olive oil and add salt and pepper. Maybe I will take it out and add the T and Moz.

Thanks

chicken breast... one of my favorite recipes I found on the net. It was called "robin's chicken" basically it is breaded chicken (the breading is 1/2 cup parmesean cheese, 1/2 cup flour, 1 tsp paprika). Brown it in a pan with butter or margarine or oil. both sides. Then pour in 1/2 cup chicken broth (or water with a chicken cube.) and 1/2 cup red wine. Cover and cook about 10 minutes. Remove cover and let cook until the liquid makes a sauce... not much longer.. maybe 5-10 depends on how many chicken breasts you used. I can do 2 or 3 with this recipe.. very good.

I really enjoy reading what everyone's cooking. I took my Dad to his VA Dr. visit today so Mom cooked for us tonight. We had fried squash, green beans with new potatoes boiled on them, then the potatoes were put in a cast iron skillet with some margarine, salt and pepper and browned in the oven. We also had sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, fried chicken, and cornbread. For dessert she made a peach cobbler. I skipped the potatoes, and cobbler even though I love them as I'm trying to shed a few pounds.

cookielady said:
chicken breast... one of my favorite recipes I found on the net. It was called "robin's chicken" basically it is breaded chicken (the breading is 1/2 cup parmesean cheese, 1/2 cup flour, 1 tsp paprika). Brown it in a pan with butter or margarine or oil. both sides. Then pour in 1/2 cup chicken broth (or water with a chicken cube.) and 1/2 cup red wine. Cover and cook about 10 minutes. Remove cover and let cook until the liquid makes a sauce... not much longer.. maybe 5-10 depends on how many chicken breasts you used. I can do 2 or 3 with this recipe.. very good.

That sounds WONDERFUL!
I'm out of Parmesean cheese though. It's my favorite and I hardly ever run out but... I made David some toast yesterday and sprinkled the little I had left on top and then melted it. Yummy.

I'll remember this for another time. Thank you!!!:):)

Back
Top Bottom