Job Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
I just realized that I never let y'all know what happened with my job interview last week. Well, to begin with, I did the best I could, answered all the questions truthfully & with as much confidence as I could. That's kinda hard to do when you're being interviewed by 4 people. :rolleyes: When I left the school, I had a feeling that things didn't go my way & I found out a couple of days later that I didn't get the job. Oh well, it was good practice for the next go round! I do however have 3 1/2 days scheduled to substitute over the next couple of weeks. Not to mention any days that they just call me in. I'm still looking around for a more secure job though.

crewsk, that is a very good attitude. I know the right position will be yours before long and we all need practice at different things. Hoping for the best.

Thanks licia! I know it will take me a little time to get into the swing of things again, that was my first interview in 11 years. Just gotta keep my chin up!

A man in my water class told me the other day I should try substitute teaching. He said I had the personality for it. I started thinking about it and as much as I would like to have a bit more regimen to my life, I would hate to go thru all the process. I haven't worked since 1989 and the company I worked for isn't even in business now, so I don't think I would get far with no working reference. I do sometimes have a little too much time on my hands but I try to do volunteer work when I do. I suppose I will just amble along like I've been doing. It would be nice to feel useful again sometimes.

Things will look up Crewsk,
it's been a long time for you and the perfect job will come along and both you and the school hiring you will be a match:) I'll keep thinking good thoughts for you.

kadesma

Thanks kadesma!

To start subbing here all you have to do is take a one day training class. No interview or experience is required. I hadn't worked since 2000 when I decided to start subbing. I really like the flexibility.

Keep your chin up Crewsk, I am sure you will find a perfect job for you soon!! And thanks for keeping us posted, we are all pulling for you:)

You'll find the right place, crewsk, I know you will. There is a perfect place for you and they're just waiting to find you. Good luck and your doing great by keeping a good attitude about it.

You have a great outlook on the job situation, crewsk! Things like that happen for a reason so I'm sure that the truly right job is still out there waiting for you. I'm glad you have the subbing as back up until then!

How are the kids liking school?

My biggest change in job searching came when I discovered that, rather than sit there sweating in the hot seat and hoping I was giving them what they wanted, I could turn the interview on its head and interview THEM (thus turning a threatening interrogation into a discussion). I know that's not always possible during the interview because they want you to save your questions for the end, but always make sure you have questions at the end if that's the case. It's amazing to see the interviewer's faces light up when they're talking to someone who appears clearly interested in the organization and the team dynamics and, well, whatever else makes a position really good for YOU! You want to give them the impression that you'd be doing them the favor, and that's a great edge if you can pull it off.

Good Luck!

Thanks everyone!

PA, they are really enjoying school. TC a little more than Savannah I think. She hates having to get up early & get ready. She'd rather stay in her pj's all day.:rolleyes: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom