Dinner tonight Thurs. Aug. 31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Not quite sure yet, might just be me -- could have breakfast- love my eggs and bacon ! :-p Its a beautiful 73' today, might bbq chicken !

What's in'n'out Jkath?

Last night in this apartment, so I have been winding down the fridge. I am left with garlic, onion, tomatos, mince and the inevitable pasta. I had meant to get a bolognese sause on last night but was out instead, and out this morning, so I have decided to do something I have never done before: pasta with meatballs and a fresh tomato sauce.

We are in a hotel for the next few days, so looking forward to some good restaurant meals!

Pasta with meat sauce and lots of tomatoes, onions, garlic, mushrooms and celery.

And garlic bread.

tossed salad and frozen pizza

potatoe soup for my middle girl she got braces yesterday OUCH

really do not like frozen pizza but that is all we have time for tonight

my oldest has her first high school vb game and she says she will
not even be rotated out. rotating all positions through all the matches.
i think they are looking for her to go varsity lets hope.

then it is home for home work and the chiefs game. sure the vb games
will be more exciting than the chiefs no starters playing tonight.

love football

Left over cornflake chicken or Applebee's. I have gift certificates so I may just do that. Will have to wait and see what the weather does here. Right now it's nasty.

lulu said:
What's in'n'out Jkath?

Around these parts, it's an institution:chef:
It's a hamburger place that has no freezers, so evertything is fresh.
And, the fries are made from (!) potatoes! (unlike the mc-d ones)
The food's awesome, the shakes are unbelievable and there's
always (and I mean always) a traffic jam from all the cars going through
the drive-thru.
in-n-out.jpg

jkath said:
Around these parts, it's an institution:chef:
It's a hamburger place that has no freezers, so evertything is fresh.
And, the fries are made from (!) potatoes! (unlike the mc-d ones)
The food's awesome, the shakes are unbelievable and there's
always (and I mean always) a traffic jam from all the cars going through
the drive-thru.
in-n-out.jpg

Oh, you are just one big TEASE!! They don't have In 'n Out here in NC. The really great part is they package it so you can eat in your car or take it in the house. And the food generally looks THAT good.

And she's right about the traffic jam. And they are open late so they are packed after HS football games.

Sephora, are you originally from the west? And, while I'm questioning, is your user id from the fantastically-wonderful Sephora store?

jkath said:
Sephora, are you originally from the west? And, while I'm questioning, is your user id from the fantastically-wonderful Sephora store?
Yes, and Yep (and my cat, not the one stuck in the litter box in my avatar). I was from Orange County about 6 miles away from Disneyland in Cypress/West Garden Grove area. The nice part of Garden Grove.

And the cat story is she is all white with brown on her face, but only around her eye. It looks like she was getting a makeover and stopped half way through. I used to use my real name but something way too weird happened so I don't do that anymore.

Beef and Tomato soup for us pair tonight, with a cheese (mozzerala) loaded french stick, baked with a little garlic powder and parsley.

depending on the weather tomorrow, I think perhaps a Shepards pie is in order, eitherway, I`ll take the Lamb mince out the freezer 2night.

YT2095 said:
Beef and Tomato soup for us pair tonight, with a cheese (mozzerala) loaded french stick, baked with a little garlic powder and parsley.

depending on the weather tomorrow, I think perhaps a Shepards pie is in order, eitherway, I`ll take the Lamb mince out the freezer 2night.
Would you believe I have never eaten lamb in my 61 yrs. !!:)

Well, reporting back my meatballs were great, considering how simple they were.....beef mince, seasoning and a squirt of ketchup! Husband looked forlorn at the thought of MORE tomotos, lol, I have been serving them almost every day as I am so in love with the Italian ones, so they are for our moving lunch tomorrow and I threw together a cheese sauce. It was a surprisingly good supper, or perhaps thats the bottle of wine we are having to make moving lighter tomorrow (why carry what we can eat/drink!)

Hope everyone else's supper is good too!

Tonight we're having frito pie left over from last night. The chili always tastes better on the second night. Although I couldn't find real frito chips and ended up buying Key Foods version which were awful. I might have to go on an additional search for fritos before dinner tonight. I'm not really sure why they are so hard to find here in New York.

Opiñanita said:
Tonight we're having frito pie left over from last night. The chili always tastes better on the second night. Although I couldn't find real frito chips and ended up buying Key Foods version which were awful. I might have to go on an additional search for fritos before dinner tonight. I'm not really sure why they are so hard to find here in New York.
What part of NY? That's really odd that you can't find them there. I know they have them in PA.

Try this: Contact Us
spacer.gif
If you are unable to find the information you need and require further assistance from Frito-Lay, please contact us!
us_flag.gif

U.S. Residents

Call Us:1-800-352-4477
Monday - Friday
9:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Central Standard Time
Write To Us:Frito-Lay
P.O. Box 660634
Dallas, TX 75266-0634

Maybe a phone call and they can tell you were to find them close to where you are.

Barb L said:
Would you believe I have never eaten lamb in my 61 yrs. !!:)
I would believe you yes, although it does leave me wondering WHY this is the case?

you don`t have to say if you don`t want to, but I`m more than a little curious :rolleyes:

EDIT: I`m also going to have to look up this "frito pie", never heard of it before, so now I`m Double curious! :)

I'm making steak subs again. We had them last week and both of us loved it. I'm marinading the rib eye steak in worster sauce (dont know how to spell it), then adding some sauteed mushrooms, onions, peppers. No sides, that is plenty filling for us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom