Food Saver any one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My wife and I did a test once. We put a head of iceberg lettuce in a foodsaver canister and 7 weeks later it was still as good as the day we bought it. It really is a great appliance.

Yes you can reuse the bags. You can even put them through the dishwasher. I buy the rolls of bags and I will make them extra large when I cut them. That way I can reseal them many times before the bag gets too small.

mudbug said:
Grinning at your cheese wrapping method. And do you keep adding resh foil when the old stuff gets all wrinkly and rippy?

A tip I got from Sara Moulton on one of her shows, never wrap cheese in foil or plastic wrap as causes the cheese to "sweat". Only use parchment paper which I do before I put it in the food saver bags.

green.gif
:roll: GO DUCKS

I should mention that I was at Costco today and there is a 'new and improved' Food Saver which comes in a green trimmed box rather than the original red. I did not have time to read the label and compare the differences between the two but I will later in the week. SOOOOOl if you are planning to purchase one, check out both before you do. Also Rival has one on the market as well for less $$ but I know nothing about their version except that the plastic bags are slightly thicker.

green.gif
:roll: GO DUCKS

Back
Top Bottom