What is sparkling water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
not exactly sure but i think its carbonated water or club soda... if so, then there are two kinds, the ones that occur naturally like Perrier and San Pellegrino and the ones who are just tap water punped with CO2 in pressure chambers

Many years ago, I've learned that, with those words, you indicate a water with gas. I'm not the better guy to translate from english, but, if this is correct, You generally BUY them. Whem I was a child, in Italy you were able to find some boxes of powders (Idriz or Idrolitina) to do a sparkling water home-made. Only, you were compelled to have a bottle with a spring cap.
You can find them also now, but they are not used so often: the most of us buy mineral waters, that are very cheap in Italy: every Supermarket has dozens of mineral waters, more or less gasified, curative or not, from 20 c to 1€ a bottle,
It's also possible to have a depurated and refrigerated sparkling water directly from tap, applying a kit whose price is about 1000 €.

They are gassy fizzy waters. Usually purchased but there is a carbonated siphon that can make them--have a CO2 cartridge.

Confirming the above replys, sparkling water/fizzy water is the carbonated water, a soda water without any flavour. Perrier is one of the best known, though they are also availabe in flavoured varieties as well.

Sparkling water is something that has a great taste to it - take the cola out the can and just have water in it. It is sort of like a soda without any flavor and there are no many kinds in the markets. Perrier and San Pellegrino are a few to mention.

Another example would be to take the Seven-Up out of the can and put water in it.

Sparkling water in fact is water with "bubbles" :-p (carbonated)...

As I was on vaccation in the states i realized you don't have many of them in the stores.

In Germany (and many other european countrys) we have many different sparkling waters.

- from hard carbonated to very low carbonated waters
- even naturaly carbonated water
- with and without minerals
- even real light salted water I've seen

Very liked is also a machine to carbonate your own water (SodaClub and SodaStream) because you don't have to carry heavy bottles. For that you have to know, we often have a very high quality water out of our tap (?). We can drink it as it comes out...

I think the way to describe it as coke without any taste is quite good. It just taste like natural water. But don't think they all taste like the same. There are many different natural tastes... I even saw a documentation on TV about a german restaurant they have about 50 different waters. And they present you the water as they present wine.

And really coming up are so called wellness waters. They are non carbonated or very low carbonated and have a slight taste of fruits and herbs. Wellness-, Fitness- or Healthwater seems to be a good selling item. Why else they should bring out new tastes week for week. Some really taste good... but the don't help for anything.

Regards, Markus

It's the stuff they put in pop in restaurants or fast food joints to make you think you're getting a whole large size of pop, but really you're only getting half.

It's the stuff I'm addicted to. I buy 12 bottle cases of San Pellegrino Terme at BJ's Wholesale Stores for a buck a bottle plus deposit.

Many have different concentrations of minerals to them that give a certain "tang". I like how clean and refreshing they are. Perrier and Pellegrino are good examples. They don't have that "sterile" flavor that seltzer has.

I'm down to my last two cases... :LOL:

DSC00002.JPG

Nicholas I'm sort of in the same boat as you! (haha irony in that phrase) Sparkling water is great, and I find that you can mix it with a lot of other drinks to make a wonderful tasting beverage.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom