School

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goboenomo

Head Chef
Did anyone go back to school today? Or at all yet?

My classes (in order) are

Business Mathematics
Spare (Worst spot for a spare!!)
Financial Accounting
and Organizational Business

I found the perfect set up for College/University

I'm going to take this course
https://myplace.durhamcollege.ca/durham/profile/progview.jsp?programID=1355

After I complete it, I'm in University for my honours degree in commerce!

I already have most of those classes covered too!

Math
Computers
Accounting
Business
and Marketing

The only thing that I havn't taken is Economics. But it's just an Intro to Economics, so I have nothing to worry about, I just don't have a head start on it.

cheesy.gif

cheesy.gif

What are you doing?

I started out going for a Business Finance degree, but changed my mind after a year and am now pursuing Clinical Informatics. I started classes last week.

I've been taking one class at a time, one right after the other with a week break between each since April 2005. I have one week left in my current class then one more class left before I get my Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction. I am SO ready to be done. :cool:

:) Barbara

I just started law school last week. Yikes! :wacko:

My head is spinning already. Who knew that a person could read and process this much in a week! I feel like I should be ready to practice already.

My course are:
Legal Analysis and Research
Contract Law
Legal Process (Civil Procedure Part I)
Torts
Criminal Law

Yep, it's pretty sweet. A lot of work, but I like it a lot so far.
Good luck with your school year, everyone!

Back To School

I start next week at a Community College near where I live and I will be taking some computer classes.

I also love to draw but the class I wanted to get into was full.

After I finished college many many years ago I was going to be a Sewing Teacher. I worked for a few years and then I decided to quit.

I started working at an Advertising Agency and from there worked in the Entertainment Business until about 7 years ago.

I was 64 on July 4th.

Yes, I did.

It's an MBA level class on Business information systems. Truly captivating stuff! :yuk:

John

Thought I'd give you a little update.

Math - 96%
Business - 87%
Accounting - 91%

Thank you. :D
I'm actually trying this year for the sake of my girlfriend. I can't let her make all the money.

Very well done, Gobo. You should be very happy!

(I'm hijacking the thread for just a second: I'm proud of my 2 kids - the one in 8th grade is at a 3.83 GPA and the one in 6th is at a 4.0) Hooray!

Okay, back to Canada.....

jkath said:
Very well done, Gobo. You should be very happy!

(I'm hijacking the thread for just a second: I'm proud of my 2 kids - the one in 8th grade is at a 3.83 GPA and the one in 6th is at a 4.0) Hooray!

Okay, back to Canada.....

?¿?¿?

You're not hijacking. It was about school in general. By all means, tell us about your kids, we want to hear.

How does the grading system work there?... I don't see it.

In scaling the European Unions finances as they relate to us I found out today it might be better finanially for us if I go back to university in Italy than if I get a part time job.......its very, very tempting.....Dr Lulu sounds good, huh? Thing is I cannot commit to being there for the duration of a complete course. Might get a post graduate diploma in something though, that would be fun! DH was back at school with his law conversion until last June, so perhaps I should take a turn? Food for thought.......

I found out recently that I might be able to get paid for going to graduate school. Of course the degree would be in management for non-profit organizations, which I really have no interest in, but they would pay my tuition, my RENT (or a portion of it depending where i choose to live), as well as a $1500 stipend for living expenses. I'm barely squeaking by on like... $800 a month, working my butt off at the restaurant. To make that kind of money without having to work would be awesome~! I just need an exceptional GRE score to impress the deans with, and I should be in!

I haven't decided if I want to do it yet though, because 2-3 more years of school sounds extraordinarily unappealing.

No more school for me. Not for awhile anyway. :cool: I just got my Master's of Curriculum and Instruction (3.88, 3 A- and the rest A). My stress level has dropped like you wouldn't believe since I finished my classes a few weeks ago!

Good job Goboenomo and Joani's boys. :cool:

:) Barbara

College Cook, years and years ago I signed up to do a graduate course at the local university because it included a teaching position with pay that would cover the tuition, and leave enough over for extras. (My DH had hit a downturn with his job, and was suddenly earning a lot less.) Never really thought of it as a career move, but just having that piece of paper has opened a lot of doors. Good luck on your decision!

I just got my first report card.

Accounting - 82% Class average - 83%
Business - 87% Class average - 75%
Math - 96% Class average - 56%
Overall Average - 88.3%

I think my marks should all be going up soon.
In math i just wrote a unit test which im very sure i got 100% on.
I was talking to my teacher about that disappointing class average when I bumped into him at a party last night. Isn't that a crazy average! And crazy that I bumped into my teacher!
In business my mark is separated into 2 parts. 50% of my mark is homework, and 50% is tests. On this mark I have 100% on homework and 76% on every test. But just yesterday I got 2 tests that broke the trent, they were 84 and 86%.
And in accounting we are doing a unit I think I'm doing quite well in. It's a section on Bonds, Future value, Present value, and annuities.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

TexanFrench said:
College Cook, years and years ago I signed up to do a graduate course at the local university because it included a teaching position with pay that would cover the tuition, and leave enough over for extras. (My DH had hit a downturn with his job, and was suddenly earning a lot less.) Never really thought of it as a career move, but just having that piece of paper has opened a lot of doors. Good luck on your decision!

That's the other thing- I've thought for awhile now that it might be a lot of fun to teach at the University level. Unfortunately, I'm just feeling really burned out on school right now, and have felt that way for awhile... and I'd need a Master's or PhD to teach at the school I currently attend. I mean, I've been going to school since I was five, and working at least one job ever since I was 15, sometimes 2 or 3 jobs. Now it's nearly 7 years later, and I've had enough of school+35 hour work weeks. Throw in the fact that I may or may not want to attend culinary school and pursue that as a career... (sigh) I get the feeling I'm in for quite a ride over the next couple of years as I ginish up school and figure out what I really want out of my career.

Heres a tip for the folks going to college. DONT take business. :glare:
What a waste of $80K. :neutral: Now Im stuck in gov't computer sales and want to leap off a building.
Wasabi, will YOU take me in? I clean! Im funny! I fix things too. :unsure:

I'm going into business.... well commerce which covers businesses and accounting and whatnot.
I'm playing $5000 (Canadian) a year.... $80k is crazy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom