How do you make your Tuna & Noodles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MOMOFCSJ

Assistant Cook
I don't have alot of time for dinner tonight, so I thought I would make some Tuna & Noodles. I was wondering what all of you add to make your casserole special.:chef:

I am assuming you are not going to make a white sauce, but use a canned soup. SO I would use cream of celery. How would I make this special...tasty. Parmesan cheese both mixed in the soup/sauce and on top to form a crust. Perhaps a few dashes of soy sauce, worcestershire sauce or hot sauce. I would use fresh mushrooms and saute them with mild onion or shallot before adding them. I would add chives and parsley to the soup/sauce for a bit of green. I might even top the dish with those famous fried onions we all love in green bean casserole.

This would be really tasty.

lol... not special at all.. all I do is boil noodles, drain
add tuna, mushroom soup ( from a can shame on me!!) and a few cans of sliced mushrooms and then bake at 350 until golden brown and chrunchy on top. I haven't made it in years and years. Used to love it though.

My stepmother used to add a can of peas and then top with crushed potato chips.

put the pasta in the pan you`ll boil it in, add the brine that the tuna came in.

chop up an onion, a clove of garlic and add to pan with a knob of melted butter, cook until translucent.
add the tuna to this with a small pot of double cream, keep it warm enough to add the cheese (mature cheddar) just so as it melts nicely and then put a generous amount of parsley (dried is ok too), salt to taste.
cook your pasta as normal in the tune brine (you`ll obviously need to top it up with boiling water first and add some salt).
when nearly cooked, drain the water off, stir in your tuna sauce mix, and put it in a baking dish or crock pot, top it off with parmesan and bake it for about 30 mins on medium heat.

that`s the Basics for all I do with mine, I modift this according to what I have in the house available or to taste.
it`s dead flexible and simple :)

I use i large can tuna
1 12 oz can evaporated milk
1 family size cream chicken soup
1 bag of egg noodles-cooked acording to package.
1 cup english peas
3 cups cheddar cheese-reserve 1 cup for topping
combine all ingrdients
turn into baking dish
bake in preheated 375 degree oven
for about 30-40 minutes till bubbly :)

I made this recently and found I was out of egg noodles (too lazy to go to the store) so I substituted Penne pasta. I also saute fresh mushrooms and onions and use a combination of sharp cheddar and parmesan cheeses. Since DH is a traditionalist I put crushed potato chips on top. It's his favorite dish!

YT2095 said:
put the pasta in the pan you`ll boil it in, add the brine that the tuna came in.

interesting to cook the pasta with the briny tuna water, never thought of it... but, what i have done, is after cooking octopus and removing it, i have cooked the pasta in that water, it comes out with a violet tinge and lots of seafood flavor!!

I usually use egg noodles, but I also like the little shells or orechette because they hold onto the tuna and sauce.
To 1 lb. cooked pasta, add 2 cans of chunk lite tuna and 1 can of albacore tuna, 1-2 cans mushrooms, a can of peas, and 1-2 cans cream of mushrooms soup. Cover and put in 350 oven until hot, then remove from oven and cover the top with 1/4" slices of Velveeta cheese. Return to oven and cook uncovered until cheese is melted and bubbly.

Thanks for the many replies. I went with the old standby: egg noodles, 12oz of tuna, can of cream of celery, a dab of mayo, sauteed onions, frozen peas with cracker crumbs and butter on top. My family loved it!

I make tuna and noodles casserole all the time but I pretty much do what pdswife does. Her receipe is great and she is a wonderful cook and chef.

I read through a bunch of recipes and used different ideas to make my own. It was a big hit. I guessed a little on the milk, but I pretty sure the measurement is close. It did make a bunch, enough for leftovers.

1 onion, chopped
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
8oz. semi soft cheese (land o lakes chedarella), shrredded
1 cup milk
small pinch cayenne
dash lemon pepper seasoning
dash garlic powder
salt and pepper
12 oz. egg noodles
3 cans tuna fish, drained
2-3 T. sour cream
crushed ritz crackers

Cook onion in a little olive oil or butter just until translucent, but still crunchy. Drain any oil and set aside.

Cook noodles 10 minutes.

In the meantime, in a large bowl add both cans soup, milk, shredded cheese, onion, and all the spices.

Drain noodles. Add soup and cheese mixture, sour cream, and tuna fish. Stir.

Put mixture in a large casserole dish and top with ritz.

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

Tuna, sauteed mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, white sauce or cream of celery, cheddar cheese and 2 tablespoons of sherry. I use mini pasta shells. The sherry makes this really good.

Tuna-Noodle Casserole

I made this casserole yesterday. :chef:

TUNA-NOODLE CASSEROLE

Ingredients:
2 cups egg noodles
1 cup frozen petite peas, thawed
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped celery
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup (Campbells' Healthy Request)
3/4 cup whole milk
1 can tuna, drained (12 oz can)
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly-gound black pepper
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 375.

Cook egg noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes. Add thawed peas during last 3 minutes. Drain.

In a medium saucepan, cook onions and celery in butter over MED heat until tender. Now stir in milk and soup. Next, stir in tuna, pepper and salt.

Add tuna mixture to noodle mixture in a 3 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom