Website Down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubbagump

Assistant Cook
I just joined this forum a couple of days ago and really enjoy the info and discussion here. One thing I noticed, though, is that the site seems to be down a lot. Once yesterday and then again today. I know it's not my ISP because I have no problem getting into other sites at the same time. Is this just a recent problem or is this something that happens on a regular basis.

Almost everyday, at least once or twice a day, my DC page will not load. (Love your user name, by the way. Do you like shrimp?). Is it something that you're working on improving, admin.?

wasabi that sounds like something that might be specific to your computer. DC is not down nearly that much.

Bubbagump, it does happen from time to time, but it is not the norm. Hopefully this will not happen again for a long time. Sometimes it happens when we are making upgrades though and those are usually worth the temporary inconvenience.

You maybe right, GB. All my others pages load with no problems, but there are times DC will not load. Sometimes a refresh would help or I go to my history and load it from there. DC is the only page I have a problem with.

I say that, but actually I have decided that when it comes time to buy my next computer I will be moving over to the dark side too :)

I got a piece of garbage PC clone that rarely ever has a problem loading DC. It has a problem doing just about anything else, but never loading DC.

When new computer time comes (well, it came a long time ago, so I guess when it happens) we'll get another IBM compatable PC. I've never liked Apple, though I know they've made leaps and bounds in technology. It comes down to familiarity.

I think it might be due to the fact that this happens to be a very popular site. I don't seem to have that problem unless its during peak hours, when most users are likely to be online. I'm fairly sure that we have a really large user base, as well as many many more guest users. There's a lot of good info. on this site that people want access to.

I couldn't get on today for a few hours and that's never happened to me before.

Happens to me also at least once a day on the PC in my office and laptop at home. Sometimes the message says there is a database problem. And I have NO idea what that means!! lolol

I've had a couple of problems. When I tried to post I got the message "site not available" so I backed up to my message and sent - only to have it go twice. I just noticed Cara's message went twice and wonder if that is what happened there. The banner ad across the top of dc page is what really disturbs me. I can't access part of the listing sometimes.

I have only been here a month and never have any problem getting here. But I do with Yahoo Euchre !!! Have a super day all :) !!

It happens to me too, seems to be just about every day but not for too long. Mostly it happens between midday and 13:00 here, which is CET (1 hour ahead of GMT, 6 hours ahead of EST). I just thought the site goes through something like a daily updating (?) as usually there are relatively few users online at this hour...

licia said:
I've had a couple of problems. When I tried to post I got the message "site not available" so I backed up to my message and sent - only to have it go twice. I just noticed Cara's message went twice and wonder if that is what happened there. The banner ad across the top of dc page is what really disturbs me. I can't access part of the listing sometimes.

:LOL: you are right... but I didn't notice it went twice...
had the error message just when I wrote about the error problems.. that fits :eek:)

when I can't load DC I find I get morose, wander aimlessly, howl at people for no reason, pay for groceries with jars of pennies, etc...

This is the error message I get when DC failes to load. I get this at least once or twice a day. Sometimes, reloading the page works. If not, I just wait awhile and try again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom