Cheeseburger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lo2

Assistant Cook
Hey I am going to make Cheese burger tomorow, but I do have a question for you. Hence I am writing.

I would like to melt my cheese so it is all soft, but in order to do so should I then put the slice of cheese on the steak or should I just put it in the burger when building my burger?

I am rahter short of time so a quick reply would be appreciated.

lo2 said:
Hey I am going to make Cheese burger tomorow, but I do have a question for you. Hence I am writing.

I would like to melt my cheese so it is all soft, but in order to do so should I then put the slice of cheese on the steak or should I just put it in the burger when building my burger?

I am rahter short of time so a quick reply would be appreciated.

After you flip the meat, add the cheese.

Was this fast enough?:ROFLMAO:

Yeah so when I have fried one side and flip it to fry the other side I should put the cheese on the side which has already been fried? Correct?

I don't even want to know what that would do to your BBQ if you put it on the raw burger

pdswife said:
you could also "stuff" your burger with the cheese. That's what I do.

Yeah, baby! This is where it is at!

I went to a restaurant when I was on duty with some cops (cops know all of the best places to eat) and this place has a burger called the Juicy Lucy. It's a 1/2 pound burger stuffed with your chouce of cheddar, American or swiss. T'was to die for, with some onion, pickle, and bbq sauce/ketchup. :pig:

"so when I have fried one side and flip it to fry the other side I should put the cheese on the side which has already been fried? "

well, I have to disagree a little - unless your patties are about 1/8" thick. Don't add the cheese as soon as you flip the pattie, add it just before the meat is done to your liking. Maybe put the lid down (or add a lid to your pan) for a minute to melt the cheese and you're ready.

I agree with cjs. The cheese does not take very long to melt. I would put it on a minute or two before your burger is done. A lid will help as well.

If I'm frying my burgers, I take them out of the skillet when they are done and set them on paper towels to drain. That's when I add the cheese, and then cover with the skillet lid. The heat in the burgers is enough to melt the cheese without it liquifying and running off the burger.
I like to use sliced Velveeta, but the method works well with slices of American cheese, too.

Back
Top Bottom