Trader Joe's find

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Went to pick up some evoo at Trader Joe's and came away with some neat make life easy things:LOL:
In the frozen section by the veggies were these small square trays, they had crushed garlic, chopped basil and chopped Italian parsley. Turn the tray over and it looks like a mini ice cube tray, just push out what you need and put the rest back for next time. Most of the time I do my own fresh but when pressed for time, these are teriffic.
I also found bags of pizza dough, ready to take home,set out for 20 min. then fix and bake..Plain pizza dough and several packs of a dough with basil and garlic in it..Nice to have on hand. I used them last night and they were very good. They also have a brand of ice cream that is really creamy and smooth so I picked up some of that as well, it is now half gone..DH has struck again.:LOL: I plan to go back again soon and see what else they have in store for me:LOL:

kadesma

oooooooooooooh! I've not seen the little packets yet! I'll be going there either today or tomorrow, so I'll check it out. The pizza dough is great! We use the plain one, usually, but have tried the whole wheat and the basil too.
Don't you just love that place?

I really do. I have never picked up anything that we said yuk to. They sell a wonderful appy a crust with mushrooms inside that is wonderful.I always pick up several around Christmas. I could spen an hour or more just walking the aisles:)

kadesma

Kadesma! You inspired me. I got the garlic cube thingies - super cool!

I've just put a pizza in the oven (dough is the basil/garlic), some tomatoes, some cut up garlic chicken I cooked last night, and the TJ's basil/sun dried tomato mozzarella.

I also got some of the plain dough and made breadsticks. I ran out of olive oil yesterday, so I used macadamia nut oil instead. Hope it works!

jkath,
you made breadsticks with macadamia oil? That sounds so good. Let me know how they turned out. I've been eyeing some mac oil but had not bought any yet.
Your pizza sound so good...it's making me hungry all over again:LOL: Aren't the frozen garlic cubes great? I like the basil and parsley as well. They are perfect for things like soups.

kadesma

Last edited:
FryBoy said:
TJ's rocks! Been shopping there since the early 1970s.
We've had a store here since the late 80's, and I always come away with some wonderful things.

kadesma

I moved away from my TJs and Whole Paycheck (Foods) is about and hour away.

I really do miss Trader Joe's. Can't wait until they hit my new area.

The breadsticks were great! (and gone before they were even cooled down!)
I need to find another mac oil. The one I've used is Wallaby, but Cost Plus World Market stopped carrying it!

Ah i love those lil trays when i lived in canada our grocery store carried them ive been using them for years. and now i make my own in england as i cant find them here.. Good product

I wish we had Trader Joe's here. When my dd lived in California we used to go and come out with so many surprises. She also sent me things that she knew I couldn't get here. I need to check and see if they ship.

Chef_Jen said:
Ah i love those lil trays when i lived in canada our grocery store carried them ive been using them for years. and now i make my own in england as i cant find them here.. Good product
Aren't nice? I love having them on hand. There is nothing worse than to get things going for soup or pasta and ooops, no parsley, you just grab that tray and you're set:)
kadesma

Thank you for reminding me about Trader Joe's. I get all my wine there not to mention great chocolate items. They also have great pasta noodles.

There is one about 15 minutes from my house just East of Laurel Canyon on the South side of Ventura Blvd.

velochic said:
Trader Joe's is owned by ALDI... a german company. :) They're good, aren't they??
They are fantastic..I can spend hours just looking and always come away with a "find"

kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom